17. New mission

My biological clock woke me up at my normal work time, 0600.
  A little voice told me to get dressed, I listened.
  Just seconds after I got dressed, someone knocked on the door.
  Who could it be, so early?
  My eyes met a pair of glasses when I opened the door, Matt.
  "Hi, you're early."
  He cleared his throat. "Ehm yes. Yesterday you said next morning, so I thought-, this is exactly the next morning."
  I chuckled. "Well, at least we can finally have some alone time." I guided him to my bed, and motioned him to sit.
  My small room didn't contain chairs.
  "There is something I've been working on..." I opened a small cabinet, pushed some other projects aside, and took what I wanted to show Matt.
  It was a small, metal box with on the top, in each corner, a tiny, golden pyramid.
  I placed it on my lap as I sat down on the spot next to Matt.
  "What is it?"
  I handed him my unfinished invention.
  "This... can predict all possible futures. Non Force users, like you and me, will be able to use this. When it's finished it will predict the future even better than Yoda or Anakin Skywalker could.
But as I said, it's not finished. There is one piece missing. I made the tech, but the thing missing is something that's connected with the Force... a special Force stone, to do the predicting part.
I only know it from legends, and that's the problem, I'm not aware of it's whereabouts."
  Matt gazed admiring at the small box, handling it with precision. The look in his eyes was one I could only describe with the word fixated. Almost like he'd turned into another persona.
  "Beter than Yoda and Skywalker you say? This is a very impressive piece of tech..." Matt started to mumble to himself, I almost didn't understand what he was saying. "Maybe this stone... yes, that's it." He gave it back to me.
  "I knew you would like it. See, being a technician isn't that bad."
  The corners of Matt's mouth curled up a little, but then he stood up abruptly. "I need to go... back to work."
  I held the door open for him. "Unfortunate. It was nice to speak with you again, about technician stuff nonetheless."
  Matt gave me a quick smile. "Don't worry, we'll talk again, soon..."

  After an hour my holo-watch started to beep.
  I had a new message.
  New mission. Report at docks.
  So I headed to the docks.
  When I arrived, I saw stormtroopers entering Kylo Ren's command ship.
  But it was Hux who greeted me.
"Ah (Y/n), good to see you again. It seems like every time you get some time off, someone summons you. Ren to be precise. I am sorry."
  I patted his shoulder. "It doesn't matter, work is work right?"
  Hux simply nodded and guided me to my place in the ship, the lounge.
  "Uhm this is the Commanders' lounge. Aren't I supposed to be with the troopers?"
  Hux took place in one of the armchairs and motioned me to sit in the one next to him. "I'd like some company. Our dear Commander, who ordered this mission, has decided not to come with us. But if you'd rather be with the stormtroopers, be my guest."
  I sent Hux a audacious smile. "Of course I'd rather sit here with you, jerk."
  As soon as I realised my mistake, I placed my hands in front of my mouth. I closed my eyes and waited for him to yell at me, be angry at me, but nothing happened.
  "You're right..." I felt a pair of tender lips, giving me a kiss on my forehead. "...I am a jerk."
  When I opened my eyes, I saw Hux, smirking devilishly.
  I jokingly gave him a slap on his arm. I sat back in my seat as Hux handed me a cup of tea. "Thanks. Where are we going?"
  Hux took a sip of his tea. "We are going to Pasaana. We need the Termania-spore to make new medicines."

  Our ship landed on the desert planet.
  Everywhere I looked was sand, sand and even more sand. I could locate a huge market in the distance, and even the inhabitants, the Aki-Aki. They had a gray, pale skin colour with two prehensile trunks on their face.
  However, my vision was blurred when someone behind me placed their hands in front of my eyes. "Guess who..."