WHO IS THE GIRL

"Ino, who is she?" after keeping silent about the new girl in Sasuke's life she finally had to ask. It was eating her alive.

"They've been together for about a year and a half now. She's a resident at the hospital I work for." Ino answered while she was helping Karin pack up her clothes into a mini luggage to move into her new suite in the heart of Tokyo.

"So it's been just short term" she was a bit relaxed, a year and a half isn't long at all, and this could still be temporary.

"Don't count on it, if Sasuke is smart enough he will not fuck this up." She caught her breath realizing that she might have offended her childhood friend.

"Are you friends with her?"

"I am. She is one of my best friends, she's a great girl. I am sorry to burst your bubble but if you want the truth I am giving you it." Ino had to fess up

"Really? She's that close to you? Even though you've only known her for a couple years?" She sarcastically asked, frustrated with Ino.

"Karin, you were gone for 4 years. What did you expect me to do, wait around for you and make no friends? I can understand your frustration with Sasuke, but I don't understand how you can be upset with me"

"I am upset because you're friends with the woman who stole him away from me. Here you are praising this girl while I sit here. I've known Sasuke all my life and here you are belittling me and telling me that 'if he was smart he would not leave her'" she air quoted the last part

"So what? He was smart to leave me then?" her eyes staring at those baby blue ones, waiting for an answer,

"Do not put words in my mouth. That is not what I meant." Ino was getting annoyed at this point, she stopped packing up the clothes. She walked up to Karin, and sat down on the couch. She let out an exhausted sigh.

"Look, I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I know you just came back and everything has turned upside town, but it's been 4 years Karin. A lot happened in 4 years, we're 25 years wise now. Shit just happen out of our control. Just like Sasuke meeting Sakura. I cannot even imagine the feelings you're going through. But just stay strong, I will help you get over it. I will be here for you, I promise." Ino stuck out her pinky finger for Karin to link hers.

"He hasn't even come to visit me ever since that day, it been a week. Like I understand that he has his own happy life or whatever now. But he doesn't even have the decency to stay friends with me?" Karin's hands ran through her hair, irritated.

" Well it wasn't like you guys were on good terms after that night. Let's just finish packing up what you need and get ready for the Gala." Ino reminded her.

She completely forgot about the Gala tonight, it was an event her parent's organized to welcome her back home. Speaking of her parents,

"Wait, does my parents know about Sakura?" she couldn't imagine her parents liking Sakura, her parents really wanted her and Sasuke to be together for all the unhealthy reasons such as a business transaction. She remembered the day she had to tell them that Sasuke left her, it was as if they were mourning for a loss.

"Are you kidding me? Not a chance would Sasuke let your parents know about Sakura. Do you know your parents at all? They would kill her! If there was anyone more hurt than you about Sasuke, it would be your parents. I think they're expecting whatever you expected when you came back home. That you two would happily be together again." Karin smiled, at least someone was on her side and not this new girl.

"Sasuke sheltered her from it all" Ino continued, eyes looking down at the busy streets of Tokyo.

"Is Sasuke coming today to the event?" she had to know.