Chapter 12

We stayed in Italy longer than expected. Management decided that we should make the music video for the US release of Kiss Me there. But we didn't have a problem with that. Italy was gorgeous. A few extra weeks wouldn't hurt. Management orginally scheduled for a few days. But, know the boys, they quickly rescheduled for a few weeks instead.

We were meeting about the music video in one of our hotel rooms when suddenly, I had the most genius idea for the video. "Here is an idea, what if all of us girlfriends-" 

Abby cleared her throat.

"And wives were featured in the video! They could be singing to us!"

"Well, it certainly is a good idea. We'll consider it." One of the guys from management said.

For once, they were actually considering one of ideas! It was certainly a step forward.

"I thought it was a good idea." Zayn whispered in my ear. I looked at him and smiled. 

"Thanks." I whispered. I kissed his lips. Sweet and succulent, his lips were perfect. I went back for a second kiss. 

"Hey, lovebirds." Louis called. "If you love each other so much, why don't you just get married?"

I stared Louis down. "We're planning on it." I said monotonously. 

"I don't need that kind of sass from you." Louis sassed.

"Actually, I think you do." I sassed back.

"According to our fangirls on Tumblr, I am the queen of sass. And I don't need anybody knocking me off my throne."

"Well, queen, I'm not trying to knock you off. I'm just insisting on being the princess."

"Oh, well, that'll be fine."

"Good. I'm glad." I ended the conversation.

"Ok, sass royalty," Sarah began. "You done yet?"

"Yeah." Louis and I mumbled together.

"Good. Begin." Sarah instructed the dudes from management.

"Thanks..." I don't think they are  quite used to our craziness. "So, you guys have a concert, as you know, in 2 months. We are currently holding a contest throughout the US. The contest will give the grand prize winner a backstage pass to meet you fellows, front row tickets, and a bunch of signed stuff. We brought along some stuff for you guys to sign for the contest." They pulled out at least 20 posters for the boys to sign. 

The boys got up and grumbled their ways over to the table where the posters were layed out.They loved their fans, but they were so exhausted. They each grabbed a Sharpie and assembly lined their way down the line of posters. Once finished, they plopped themselves back into their seats with a great sigh. Zayn put his arm around me as he did so. I leaned into him.

"Next on our list of to do...ah, yes. You guys will be making an appearence on an Italian radio station in a few days. Here is a list of questions they may ask. Be prepared. No answers like the ones from your earlier days. Please, be a bit more mature." I felt my face redden. These guys were really beginning to piss me off. The answers from their earlier days were the best! How could this guy, who doesn't even know them that well, decide what they can and cannot answer? 

"Why?" I asked.

"Becca, don't." Zayn said.

"No, this needs to be said. How can you guys determine what can and can't be said? You barely even know them! Their answers from their earlier days were the best! Yes, they may be a little inapporpraite, but that's what made them One Direction! That's what made Harry so cheeky, Louis so crazy, Niall so sweet, Liam Daddy Direction, and Zayn so smoking hot!" Everyone laughed at the last part. But not the management people.

"Ok, then. All the girlfriends and wives, please leave the room. We have important business to duscuss with the boys."

Oh, that really got me. Luckily, Sarah and Abby were there to hold me back. They eventually managed to drag me out of the room. The doors slammed behind us and that is when I really exploded. Emily calmed me down right away. 

"Becca, calm. Be calm. You're right, you know." Emily said, sitting me down, "They need to get off their high horses and realize us little people. But that will never happen."

"I know, it's just that,they urk me so much! We should get more voice in what the boys do! Or the boys should get more of a voice." I started crying. The stress from planning Abby's wedding and my own  eventually came out.

The doors to the room suddenly burst open. Zayn ran out. "Becca? Are you out here?" he asked, looking around wildly for me. 

"Over here." I said, waving my hand.

Zayn rushed over to me and sat down next to me. He pulled me into him and wrapped me into a hug. I snuggled into him, crying into his shoulder. He rubbed my back, soothing me. 

"It's okay." He said. "They don't know how you feel. We persuaded them to see your way. I'm so sorry." Zayn said, rocking me. 

I looked up into his face. His caramel eyes looked back at me, filled with sorrow. He placed his thumb on my cheek and wiped off some extra tears. I placed my hand on top of his. I brought it to my mouth and kissed it. 

"I love you." I said, still holding his hand. 

"I love you too." He replied. 

We sat there staring into each other's eyes for what seemed like a long time. Our stares were broken by a unanimous aw being emitted from everyone who was watching us. I looked at the group who was watching us and laughed. 

Zayn pulled me in tighter, allowing me to rest my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and thought back to recent events. I knew these memories and experiences wouldn't last forever. But I was glad that they were happening right now.