Chapter 6

Sonam

Is he out of his mind? I literally thought he lost his mind somewhere. How can he ask me like that when he knows the problem i had in my life and that too it just happened.

I didn't say anything and i couldn't say also. I don't know why but i just kept looking at him without blinking my eyes.

And i don't know what came into me but he choked the water he is having when i asked him, "Are you drunk?"

I gave a little squeal when he spit the water on the table and looks shocked.

"WHAT?" he raised his voice little high which makes me flinch slightly.

"I'm Sorry, sir. But i felt so " i apologized him.

He roll his eyes and lean forward, gazing me intently and said, "I'm Serious Sonam. I ask you again, Will you marry me?"

I'm dumb. Seriously i never ever expected that he will ask me to marry him. I pinch myself to realise whether it's a dream or real and it's paining for real.

Before i say something, our food came and i move my focus on eating what i have ordered. Before i have my first bite, he asked me, "I'm waiting for your answer, Sonam"

I have the food in my hand and raise my eyes to look at him, i don't know what he saw in me but he is looking at me anxiously expecting some answer from me.

"Sir, please don't mistake me" i nervously started and pause my words looking at him and continue, "I'm very much hungry right now. I am not able to think anything else apart from this food" I gave him the most innocent look I ever make.

He just smiled at me and sighs saying, "Fine. Have it"

Untill i finish my food, he doesn't interrupt me, finish his food and waiting for me patiently. I never knew that my CEO has this much patience.

"Let's just walk for some time" he takes me outside of the hotel near the swimming pool.

Nervous feeling raised in me knowing what he is going to ask again. I seriously haven't think anything what to say to him.

As expected, "Have you decided?"

Now no escape, i have to say it. I look straightly into his eyes and said, "NO" that's the only word slipped from me.

Instead of getting angry, he smile at me as if he is aware of my answer.

"May i know the reason?" he asked me

"Sir, you very well know that I am very much hurt personally. My boy friend cheated on me and i had a break up just few days before. And now you are asking me to marry you? How can you expect me to say Yes for your proposal?" i blurted out what i had in my mind.

"What if you get a chance to take a revenge on him by marrying a CEO an eligible bachelor in the city?" he said.

"What? But why should i have to take a revenge on him? You know, i don't like all these stuffs revenge , avenge and all. In fact, i have to thank him for opening my eyes by showing his true colors, other wise i would have been the biggest fool in this world" i said.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked me again.

"I'm sure about what i said but Sir, now you tell me the real reason behind your marriage proposal?" i questioned him and i really want to know the motive behind his proposal.

If he says that he is in love with me then I definitely won't believe him and i patiently waiting for his answer.

"Because, i need your help" his answer clearly confused me a lot.