Chapter 18

"Where are we going?" he gave his smile as a reply.

"What's the surprise? At least tell me that" again a smile from him.

"Are we going to your home?" he raised his eyebrows looking at me with a chuckle.

"A date?" i decided not to stop my questions until i get an answer from him and he replied, "Sure but not today"

I slumped back on the seat looking away by let him know that I'm upset. Still he could just chuckle at my reaction.

Not sure how and when the sleep consumed me. I opened my eyes when i felt a soft kiss on my cheeks along with a whisper, "Wake up, baby"

"Where are we?" that was the only statement i asked him.

"Home" he said casually while unbuckling my seat and he got down from his side.

Before i opened the door, he was on my side extending his hand towards me to hold as always.

I was stunned looking at the place where he got me. My eyes are fluttered with tears and ready to come out any minute. 

"Your home" he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and mumbled in my ears.

Yes, indeed it is my home. The home where i grown up. The home where i got the love, affection and care. 

We both stepped inside, i met my mom who is looking at me with a wide smile on her face.

Mom. Yes she is my mom. I never knew my biological mother but she was the one who found me on the roadside and brought me here. She took care of me and all my needs. She was the one who stood beside me in all my ups and downs. 

I realized the mother's love only after seeing her. For me, she is the epitome of love.

I rushed towards her and hugged her tightly, i kept kissing on her cheeks by expressing my happiness. I met other staffs whom i already knew and the kids who is staying there.

All of a sudden, i turned to Sanjay with a confused look on my face, "Is this the surprise?"

He looks amused having his arms across his chest, "It's just a start"

"What other surprises do you have?" he almost reached my side and hold me closer to his while whispering in my ear, "Get inside. You'll come to know"

I was the first one to enter inside the room and everyone else followed me including him.

I screamed instantly when i heard the sound of ballons exploding around the room and all the lights had been turned on revealing the people and the decorations around there.

The first two persons i found there was Geet and Vicky. Apart from them, i found Sanjay's parents and his friend Aryan also be there.

Few more kids gathered over there and everyone together screamed on top of their voices, "Happy Birthday Sonu di"

I rooted at the place where i stand without moving further and mumbled to myself, "Birthday?"

"Happy Birthday, baby" he kissed me on my forehead after wishing me. I looked up at him of not knowing what's happening around me.

It's not my birthday today. Even i don't even know when is my birthday. No one knows but how he arranged all this?

Geet and Vicky also hugged me tightly while wishing me. Sanjay's parents and his friend Aryan also wished me happy birthday.

Nothing is getting registered in my mind. I stood like a statue seeing everyone around me.

Sanjay came to me and hold my hand while walking to the center stage asking me to cut the cake. Tears of joy fluttered in my eyes seeing the love and affection I'm getting from the people around me.