Safe(Younger brother!TanjiroXOlder Sister!Reader)

(7 years ago)
(3rd P.O.V)
Tanjiro sat up and looked around in the dark room where his family was sleeping.He then noticed the door had just closed, so he rushed to it as quietly as he could, and opened it, and saw his older sister,(Y/N) beginning to leave.

"Please don't leave, (Y/N)!", Tanjiro  cried, holding onto the older girl's waist, not wanting to let go.

She stopped, her eyes widening a bit from shock, then sighed and pried his hands off of her,turned around, and kneeled to his height, smiling softly at him.

"Tanji,you know I have to go. So I can get strong enough to protect everyone. I'll be fine,alright? Here. I need you to do something very important for me. I want you to keep this safe for me, for when I come back,ok?", (Y/N) said, speaking softly, while holding the silver ring their grandmother had given her, out to him.

Tears welled up in his eyes, and fell down his cheeks, but he took the ring nonetheless, and hugged her tightly, before letting go, and watched her leave into the night.

(Present day)

(Reader P.O.V)

I breathed out in relief when I saw the Butterfly Estate, exhausted from my mission. I walked in and was greeted by Aoi.

"Miss Kamado.Welcome back from your mission. Do you need some injuries to be treated?", she asked, to which I nodded.

After that I went to the pillar meeting, where a Demon Slayer had broken the Corps rule of defending a demon, and traveling with one. I sighed and stood next to the Love Pillar. Mitsuri smiled at me, greeting me, and I did the same. I then looked at the Demon Slayer on his knees.

Something about him was familiar. When our eyes met, his eyes widened.

"Big sis! What are you doing here. Are you what they call a pillar?", he asked me, clearly surprised.

I was confused, then it hit me.

"Yes, I'm a pillar, Tanjiro. What are you doing, traveling with a demon?What are you even doing here? Why are you a Demon Slayer? Why aren't you at home? ", I asked him, ignoring the shocked gazes of the other pillars.

"(Y/N), our family was killed by a demon. Nezuko was the only one who lived, but she was turned into a demon. I became a Demon Slayer to protect people. I couldn't bring myself to kill our little sister. Please, Nezuko hasn't killed anyone at all, she's harmless!", Tanjiro begged me. I was reeling from what he had just told me.

'Our family...is dead? ', I thought inside my head.

(3rd person P.O.V)
(Y/N) hadn't realized it, but she had tears in her eyes. Mitsuri looked at her with pity.

'Oh dear, poor thing.', Mitsuri though to herself.

Tanjiro kept staring at her, and was thinking the same thing as Mitsuri. That is, until Sanemi appeared. (Y/N) was still in a daze, processing what her brother had said, unaware of the Wind Pillar's presence.

'Why's she crying?', he asked himself in his head.

His attention then turned to the boy on the ground. He picked up the box, laughing at Tanjiro, and stabbed his sword through the box, making the boy yell. (Y/N) snapped out of it, and saw what was happening.

"Hey! Don't do that to her!", she said, raising her voice slightly.

Sanemi turned to her, a little startled that she raised her voice, as she rarely did.

However, his thoughts were interrupted by Tanjiro running at him, and jumping in the air. He got into a defensive stance, still holding the box, only to be headbutted, causing blood to splurt from his nose. (Y/N)'s eyes widened, and she quickly started scolding Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, you can't do that! He's a pillar. It's disrespectful of y-", she was cut off by Tanjiro, beginning his tirade, making her sigh, walk over to him, and hit the top of his head.

He grunted and looked up at her, staring down at him. She sighed, and walked to Sanemi, holding a cloth, and held it out to him. He saw her, and scoffed, turning away, making her sigh, and place the cloth in his hands, then walked to her spot, right when Kagaya walked out.

The pillars kneeled, bowing their heads, Sanemi shoving Tanjiro's head down forcefully. Then, Sanemi snatched up Nezuko's box, apologized to Kagaya, and went under the shade. (Y/N) watched, and wondered what he was doing, then, when she saw what he was doing, she didn't attempt to stop him.

Tanjiro was in shock at this, and was slightly angered.

'Why isn't she stopping him?', he thought to himself.

After the Pillar meeting, she was getting ready for a mission, that possibly involved an Upper Moon. Before she left, she visited Tanjiro.

(Reader P.O.V)

"Tanji?Do you still have my ring?", I asked him, to which he nodded.
"Ok, I need you to keep it a little longer, alright? I have a mission, but I would like my ring when I come back, ok?" I asked him.

He nodded, then turned away from me. I sighed, knowing the reason, then I patted his head and left.

(Time Skip)

(Reader P.O.V)
I panted, and gripped my arm, my sword lay broken a few feet away from me, a demon stood a few feet away from me. I went to pick up my broken blade, stumbling, but fell. So I crawled towards it, clawing at the dirt beneath me, reaching.

Then I felt immense pain in my abdomen, making me scream. The demon had plunged  his hand through my torso, then, noticing the sun was rising, turned to run, but I refused to die and let it survive.

I panted, and grabbed onto it's ankle, making it look down in anger as it tried to kick me,but I held on, gritting my teeth as I steeled myself against his hits. Finally, he shreiked as the sun burned him into dust.

'Im sorry everyone. Im so pathetic,aren't I? I couldn't even stop this demon. I was wrong. I didn't become strong. Im so sorry I wasn't strong enough, Tanji, Nezu. Please, live, and I hope you forgive me. ', I thought to myself, before closing my eyes and breathing my last breath.

(Tanjiro P.O.V)
I couldn't explain why, but I felt something was wrong, and my hand went to grasp the silver ring in my pocket. My suspicion was confirmed when (Y/N) 's Kasugai crow flew around the sky.

"(Y/N) Kamado, the Cloud Pillar has been killed in action. CAW!", it crowed, flying in the air.

My heart dropped, and I gripped the ring harder, collapsing onto my knees, tears streaming down my face.

(3rd Person)

Mitsuri heard what the crow had said, and broke down, crying, Obanai putting an arm around her.

Sanemi yelled angrily, and punched a tree when he heard, a tear running down his face.

The other pillars heard, and were sorrowful. Tanjiro held his head in his hands, crying. He then wiped his tears, and stood up, and walked into his room, angry with himself.

He hadn't told her anything, no goodbyes nothing. He had felt anger towards her. He sighed, and fell asleep. The next day, he, Zenitsu, and Inosuke were sent on a mission with the Flame Pillar.