17 | she found love already

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

Five years later

"So you're Jeon Jungkook? Now I'm impressed," a tall and graceful woman spoke in a seductive voice, batting her eyelashes.

Jeon Jungkook smirked, allowing his interlocutor to caress his forearm. However, a gorgeous man appeared right next to them, interrupting the encounter.

"Pardon me, miss, but this fine man is all mine tonight!" He grabbed Jungkook by the hand, leading him to their table. "She has arrived."

That night, Park Jimin had invited his closest coworkers for a drink to introduce them to his fiancée. Since his wedding was approaching, he wanted to make sure his friends from work got along with his soon-to-be wife, the love of his life.

The infamous woman was sitting with Jimin's colleagues, trying her best to answer their questions regarding the way her fiancé treated her.

"I managed to save Jungkook!" the blond-haired guy proudly smiled, causing his friends to applaud.

"Very funny!" the young man rolled his eyes. "I'll find someone else."

In the meantime, the only woman sitting at the table cleared her throat to catch Jimin's attention.

"Oh, sorry babe! Jungkook, allow me to introduce you to my beautiful fiancée." The man took a seat next to the woman, causing Jungkook to set his eyes on her.

He peered at her, trying hard to distinguish her facial features under the pub's subdued lights. It took him almost twenty seconds to recognize her downturned brown eyes and pointy nose. He blinked twice out of shock.

"Jihyo?"

Indeed, it was Jihyo. He didn't know much about her, but he remembered she was one of Y/n's closest friends back in college. He was wondering if they were still in touch. 

A warm smile spread across her pale face, causing the man to relax. "Jungkook, what a surprise!"

He couldn't believe it. Of all the women in Seoul, Jimin fell for none other than the friend of the only woman he had ever liked. Out of curiosity, he scanned the area to make sure she was nowhere around. 

"You know each other?" The brown-haired woman bobbed her head as an answer.

"We've met in college. Jungkook was Y/n's friend." 

"Really?" If Jimin was surprised, Jungkook was beyond shocked. While Jimin and Jihyo kept on talking, he learned that the latter and Y/n were still in touch. Moreover, Jimin knew her.

~ ♡ ~

『 JUNGKOOK'S POINT OF VIEW 』

The next morning, I woke up with a hangover. My head was hurting, and each noise sounded louder than it actually was. Jimin's couch was so comfortable I could drift off to an eternal sleep.

"You awake?"

I sat up straight and blinked my eyes to get used to the daylight. "Mmh." was my answer

Jimin rolled his eyes, gesturing for me to get up. "I'm glad I don't have to see your ugly face every morning."

"As if!"

Half an hour later, Jimin and I were eating breakfast in his kitchen while discussing several matters regarding his wedding. The big day was dangerously approaching; the engaged couple had only a month left to prepare everything. 

As one of the groom's best men, it was my duty to help as much as I could. Now that I was aware of the bride's identity, stress was slowly beginning to consume me although I wasn't the one getting married. As a matter of fact, I wasn't ready to face Jihyo's friend. I was apprehensive about meeting her again. Will she recognize me? Will she be happy to see me? Will she come alone or with someone else? So many possibilities that I've been forced to think about since last night. If I had known that my colleague and friend knew Y/n personally, I would have tried to see her again a long time ago. But the fact that it had to happen without me having time to prepare made me furiously nervous.

"So Jihyo and I will host a dinner for the maids of honor and the best men."

But Ihad to.

"I know it's sudden, but we were thinking of doing that tomorrow." The way my lips parted without a sound made it clear I wasn't serene at all. Confused, Jimin raised his eyebrows. "What's wrong? You already have plans?"

I cleared my throat. "I don't–but are you sure the others will make it? Like you said, it's pretty sudden. They might have other plans."

Thankfully, the man relaxed. "Don't worry! It's actually the only available slot we all have in common."

Of course it was, lucky me. "Right. Count me in then."

Following Jimin's announcement, my mind couldn't stop drifting to her. It had been three years since I last saw Y/n; five since we last spoke. A few months after our final conversation, she started dating Hoseok. From that point on, I promised myself not to bother her ever again and to move on with my life as if I didn't bear strong feelings for her.

As time passed, I got used to the end of our friendship and tried to move on. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss her. There were times when I thought of her and imagined how my life would have turned out if we were together. But my reason would remind me that she found love already, and she was probably happier with Hoseok than she could have ever been with me. Then I would head to a bar in search of a one-night stand, making sure to chase away the memories of Y/n.

However, I never thought I'd see her again. The prospect of confronting her for the first time in five years scared me to death; not to mention it would happen under particular circumstances. No matter what, we would have to speak. Why now? I asked myself, lamenting our broken relationship.

"Great!" At least one of us was pleased. "I can't wait."

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~