21 - Two Thousand and Four

"FUCK ME!"

I sniggered amusedly at Blaise's exclamation as we stumbled into Harry and Ginny's bedroom.

He was looking around in complete horrified awe.

"Your sister shags him in here?" He spluttered, as hundreds of Harry Potters stared blinking down at us from the walls.

Every cover and every interview he had done in various publications, from 'Witch Broom' to 'Playwizard' had been framed and hung up on the wall, completely covering the Gryffindor red wallpaper.

"It probably turns her on," I muttered. "Come on, I can hear Harry announcing the start of the party games. I'm pretty sure he just said something about wife swap."

"What the fuck?" Blaise spluttered. "Maybe Potter's already fed up with his marriage but no way am I trading in the hottest girl at the party."

"I wouldn't worry, Blaise, knowing my sister, it's probably more of a ruse to bag herself a man who actually knows how to do a bit of DIY."

"Well, screw that," he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the bedroom.

"Where are we going?" I asked, feeling excitement knot in my stomach as Blaise commandeered me up the hallway towards the stairs.

"Away from this freakshow," he muttered as we flew down the marble steps, "I'm beginning to understand why you didn't want to come."

We crept past the ballroom entrance where we could hear Ginny ordering the couples to line up, Blaise tightening his hold on my hand as if afraid Ginny would spot us and try and split us up.

Finally, we found ourselves out in the cold December, very soon to be January, night air. I shivered as the cold bit my bare arms. I hadn't bothered bringing a coat seeing as we had Apparated straight here.

"Here, take mine," Blaise said, shrugging his dark navy jacket off and wrapping it over my shoulders.

Entwining our fingers together, Blaise and I walked over to the large pond in the palace back garden, which resembled more a lake, and sat upon the loveseat that over looked it.

"What do you suppose they're doing tonight?" I asked, staring out at the black water as Blaise swigged from the bottle we had brought with us.

"Don't think about them, baby," he said, passing the champagne to me. "Tonight is about you and me."

"I can't help it," I sighed heavily, "and don't pretend you can turn your feelings off just like that."

I knocked my head back taking a long deep swig, wrinkling my nose as the bubbles fizzed at the back of my throat.

"Nah," he murmured, looking forlorn. "But she's hurt me too many times now. If I don't move on I'm scared I'll end up driven crazy."

"I know that feeling only too fucking well," I muttered, recalling each time that Draco had left my heart shattered, playing it like a never ending reel of film going round inside my head.

We both fell silent, lost in our own thoughts of our sad depressing unrequited love stories.

"Where did you meet her?" I asked, suddenly curious to hear his story.

"Damn it, Weasley!" He growled, looking across angrily at me. "What did I just say?!"

"That you want to use me to help get over your heartbreak." I shrugged, taking another swig from the bottle.

"Hey," he murmured gently, instantly changing his demeanour as his voice turned silky soft. He prised the bottle from my hand and placed it on the concrete ground beneath the bench.

He cupped his fingers to my chin, tilting up my face to force me to look at him, the back of his other hand gently caressing my cheek.

"You're more than just a distraction, Ronnie," he murmured softly, warm breath tickling my lips. His eyes burned down in mine and I felt the familiar flip of my stomach as I noticed them dart briefly down to my lips. "You're one of the most amazing women I have ever met."

His mouth inched closer and closer to mine, our breathing getting more heated and jagged by the second. Just as his lips were about to close over mine, he paused, letting them linger as he stared intensely into my eyes.

"Kiss me," I breathed, suddenly wanting nothing more.

I sighed into him as he immediately obliged, his lips moving sensually and slowly at first, taking his sweet time as his teeth gently grazed and pulled at my lower lip, before allowing the tip of his tongue to flirt against mine.

I shivered in longing and his arms went around me, pulling me onto his lap as he deepened the kiss. My hands clutched his head, moaning as our tongues started to dance hungrily around each other.

"Ronnie," he gasped, breaking our kiss to move his mouth to my neck where his lips and teeth started to assault my bare skin, making me cry out in desire.

In the distance, the sound of excited voices started chanting down from twenty, counting into midnight.

Blaise broke away, breathing heavily as he looked up at me, hunger and yearning swirling in his eyes.

"How about seeing two thousand and four in in bed with me, Weasley?" He rasped, his voice hoarse with longing. "Start the year as we mean to go on?"

I had barely finished nodding when the feeling of my breath being sucked out of my body came over me.

Within an instant, we were in Blaise's apartment, our clothes falling away in record speed as we fell down upon a bed.

And, as the beautiful dark Slytherin entered me - making me cry out in blissful ecstasy; the distant sound of London bells could be heard ringing in the new year.

*****