32 - Where's My Fudging Cake?

"Come here," Draco said, reaching out an arm towards me.

We were still stood in my living room in the wake of Harry's departure.

I didn't move; remaining firmly where I was, eyeing his offered hand apprehensively. I still felt so conflicted about everything. A part of me wanted to give myself up completely to him, but another part was wary; terrified of being hurt further.

"Please," Draco implored his fingers stretching out to me. "I just want you to have a good birthday, one that you deserve. I... I've organised something."

"Does it involve cake?" I asked, cocking an inquisitive eyebrow. I could really go for some; it had been a pretty exhaustive morning.

"Yeah," he chuckled, his eyes glinting in amusement. "There's a cake."

And I couldn't resist, so I stepped forward, allowing him to take me into his embrace.

"Brace yourself," he growled in my ear as he tightened his arms around me. And then I felt the familiar unpleasant feeling of the air being sucked out of my body.

We arrived in a meadow; a familiar looking meadow.

A blanket was laid out amongst the long grass and upon it was an array of cheese, bread and fruit.

"Where's the fucking cake?" I asked frowning up at Draco who was looking down at me expectantly.

"All in good time, Weasley," he chuckled, taking my hand and leading me over to the picnic.

"This is what you were doing?" I asked sitting down, shivering slightly as the cool March wind bit at my bare arms.

He quickly removed his jacket, draping it over my shoulders, kissing me on my neck as he did so.

"I'd do anything for you," he murmured, continuing to kiss my neck.

I was going to point out except for refraining from marrying another woman, but I decided I didn't want to ruin my chances of getting my hands on this talked about cake.

"Isn't this the place you brought me to right before you went on to try and murder our headteacher?" I asked, hacking at the cheddar. Fuck, I was hungry.

"Er... yeah." Draco said, looking slightly thrown. "It was one of the best days of my life."

"What? Attempting to kill an innocent old man?" I muttered. "Whatever does it for you, I suppose."

"Ronnie, don't be like this," Draco sighed heavily. "I'm trying to do something nice for you here."

"What kind of cake is it?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him as I crammed a cheese topped cracker in my gob. "It better involve chocolate."

Draco disdainfully wiped the crumbs from his cheek that had sprayed out of my mouth before answering my question.

"Yes, there will be chocolate," he drawled derisively. "But maybe first you might want to open this."

He reached into his trouser pocket, pulling from it a small dark green velvet box.

"I'm not being funny, Draco," I spat. "But you're usually only allowed to be engaged to one woman at a fucking time."

"For fuck's sake Weasley, stop ruining this would you? It's something I want you to have to show you how much you actually mean to me."

I moodily snatched the box out of his hand and opened the lid.

I was greeted to a flash of silver as a familiar ring glared up at me. It was Draco's ring.

Great, another fucking hand me down. Has the cheap fucktard never bothered to go into a shop before?