55 - Her Slytherin Prince

I blinked, not quite believing what I was hearing.

"Draco- what?"

"You heard me," he said, his voice full of fierce conviction, "marry me, Ronnie. I can't believe we haven't already. You're the only person in the world I want to call my wife. And I know you don't like weddings but we don't have to do anything like that. Just you and me and the kids if you want. Anything you want, because I'd do anything for you. I love you so much Ronnie, just please say yes."

I looked into his pleading silver grey eyes and I thought about all the years I'd known him. How we had bickered incessantly during our school years; he had been my first crush, my first kiss, my first fuck, my first love. He broke my heart over and over again but he'd always be back, mending it. He was the father to my son, the father to my daughter. He was my best friend, my lover, my soulmate.

He was my everything. And it suddenly seemed ludicrous that he wasn't my husband.

Yet.

"Yes." I breathed, my heart fluttering with joy. "Of course I will marry you, Draco."

My vision was suddenly obscured as arms flew around me. I could hear Draco's pounding heart as I was squeezed against his chest. And then lips were suddenly on my face; frantic kisses peppering my skin.

"God Ronnie, I love you so much," Draco growled hoarsely, "you've made me so fucking happy."

And then he was crying, great big body wracking heaving sobs, and I realised I was crying too. I wasn't even sure if they were tears of joy or sadness. Both, I guess.

We clung tightly to one another, dropping to the kitchen floor as he held me in his lap, rocking me gently through our sobs.

"Mummy? Daddy?"

The trembling voice made me look up, and there was our son stood in the doorway, his eyes widening fearfully at the sight of Draco and I in tears.

"It's okay, Scorp," I said, quickly wiping my eyes as Draco still held me firmly to him. "Come here darling, Mummy and Daddy are just happy, that's all."

He seemed slightly apprehensive at first but then came hurrying across when I reached an arm out to him.

"Hey Scorp," Draco said, once he had dried his face. "Daddy's got an important job for you. Would you like to be my best man?"

Scorp looked at him warily, clearly confused about what was going on.

"Daddy and I are getting married, Scorp," I grinned, as Draco's arms tightened around me. "Do you like that idea? You can wear a suit just like Daddy."

"And Freida?" He asked, blinking at me, "is she going to be your best lady?"

I nodded, a fresh wave of tears falling. "Yes Scorp, she'll be Mummy's best lady. We'll even get her a pretty little dress."

"Can I go and tell her?" He asked, his silver eyes dancing excitedly.

"Sure, Scorp," I laughed, "she's due to wake up now, anyway."

And he turned on the spot, pelting away at full speed to go and undoubtedly disturb his sleeping baby sister.

Draco went to move from beneath me. "Come on," he growled, helping me to my feet with him, "I'm going to send for my mother so she can look after the kids, and then I'm taking you ring shopping."

"Can't we take them with us?" I asked, feeling panicked about parting from them.

"Please, Ronnie," Draco implored, pulling me fiercely into his arms, "let me have some time with you. Just you and me. I want to take you out and spoil you."