Chapter 11 | Rejection

*This chapter contains "mild" acts of violence. Reader discretion is advised. *

Felix's POV

I scooped out of the Uber, and I said goodbye through the window. 

I couldn't help but think about all those things Jonah had said to me. For once, I was doubting my own thoughts, and I didn't want to admit it, but what he said made sense. There WAS something fishy. 

Why would he have sex with me?

Because he was drunk.

But he has been drunk before and he never did something like that.

Was it really because of the blowjob? But... what about it? Why would he asked me to give him a blowjob in the first place?

Because he was horny, and you offered it yourself.

Yeah, it had been my decision anyway. But if it indeed made him feel "something" why would he ignore me? Why would he spread those rumors? Why would he talk about me like that?

Every possible answer to every possible question just kept bringing more and more.

But there was this, though. When I said I know things about him, I mean it.

I know that he was born in Japan. Her mother fell deeply in love with a foreigner, had his big brother, 4 years later they had him, and then they soon moved here. I know that his dad was abusive, and in the most repulsive way, causing a divorce when Eric was just 14, and his older brother 18. I know that he was the only sibling who had to experience the whole thing from firsthand, because his brother basically left him alone to go to college, cutting communication, and that the reason why they don't have a good relationship after all those years. I know that her mother hates the fact that he tattooed his arms completely, but I also know the reason why he did it. 

To hide the scars.

I know all these things about him, but yet I felt like I didn't know him at all. He had been so open with me. Something that him himself had said. That no one else knew but me. No one else knew who he truly was and why he was that way. If no one else knew, and he trusted me to tell me those things, why betrayed me like that? Why treat me like that?

As I kept trying to look for answers, more questions appeared. I decided to just stop thinking about it and enter the building.

Moving through the stairs, I started to get nervous. More with each step, and when I arrived at the front door, I couldn't move.

I knew he was home. I saw his motorcycle outside. But this time I just felt like something was off. No. Something WAS definitely off, and it was not my imagination. 

The moment I crossed the front door, my theory came out to be correct. 

Eric was in the balcony, with his back against it and a cigarette in his right hand, while the first glances of sunshine appeared through the clouds.