Chapter 16.5 | Understatement

Felix's POV

2 months ago...

This was just another of those days...

They were in the living room, playing COD. It was always so fucking hard to concentrate in my writing when they were around. They would always make so much noise, I'll have to barge out of my room to ask them to at least lower the volume. 

- Hey. Can you, like...shut up? – I asked, almost as loud as them, and standing beside the TV so they could see me. They stopped the noise the minute I talked. 

The annoyance was consuming me, because me, being me, was always the one who would get in trouble thanks to the noise. The administrator would only dare to speak to me. 

He was an old man, so I understood that talking to Eric was a bit intimidating (taking in consideration everyone was afraid of talking to him anyway), but with that conclusion, it would only meant I was the only one he would show his concerns to. 

They stopped talking and stared at me, but suddenly Dylan started laughing his lungs out, making all the other guys laugh with him. I only noticed that Eric didn't really laughed, but just sat there, with an uncomfortable look in his face. 

- Ha ha! This dude... – said Dylan, drying some of the happy tears that had come out of his eyes. He looked at Eric but pointed at me. – Is he your mom or something? 

Everyone started laughing again, as if it was the funniest thing they've heard. My face cringed at the sight of it. 

- Wao. You're so creative. – I said, with the most sarcastic tone I could use. Eric smirked a little when he saw Dylan's smile slowly disappear. – No. I'm not his mom, but I live here too. So, I think I'm allowed to be a little annoyed if all I can hear right now are your squeaking noises all the way towards my room. 

I've always being careful with my words. Mostly because I know enough of them to manage my way around conversations and/or fights, and I knew it was something other people would find intimidating, or annoying. Dylan, though? He was more in the "annoying" area. Every time I would come up with something to say to defend myself, he would always blame it in my skills on using words. This was no exception.

For a moment, Dylan just looked at me in awe. The second that what I had said punched him in the face, he got up the couch and slowly started walking towards me, until he was right in front of me. 

- You think you're so smart, huh? You think you're so big... – he said, so close to my face I could smell the alcohol. He could tower me easily, but I still looked at him in the eyes, not showing fear. – You can use your smartass words all you want...but to me?

He stopped to get closer to my ear. Still, it wasn't like he only wanted me to hear, because he kept on talking as loud as ever. I could see Eric getting tense in the background.

- To me... you're still some whinny little bitch that keeps gagging on dick-

- That's enough. 

Dylan flinched the second he heard Eric's rough voice. I hadn't notice that he was now standing up, and the tension in the room could easily be sliced with a knife. I knew everyone was afraid of him, so him, suddenly getting on his feet and shutting Dylan's mouth was indeed surprising, but still not something you would like to get involved in.

Everyone was silent for a moment, including me. Never had he defended me in front of his friends before. Although, this was the first time Dylan had insulted me so close and personal, I kind of understood why he thought he needed to do something about it this time. Before, it could pass as him annoying me or joking around, but this time... It was definitely not the case.

- Sorry, Ginger. We'll try our best not to make so much noise. – said Eric. 

Dylan turned around and stared at him in awe again, before backing up and sitting his ass down in the couch. Hearing him call me anything but my name was very much normal, but somehow, this time it felt like he didn't mean it in a joking manner. It felt more...warm, and kind.

I smiled at him wide, and he responded the same. His friends just kept looking between me and him with their mouths open in shock. It was the first time he had defended me, so it was quite shocking, even for me. So, without noticing, that feeling just kept on growing and growing with little to no effort, because every gesture, every smile, everything he did, was that meaningful to me. 

- Thank you. – I said with a smile, before walking away, not looking behind me.