Chapter One

Jupiter headed off the boat that dropped them off at an island. She held out her candle and followed the others on the island, across the bridge, into the village, and then continued upward until they found a large building which they stepped in.

"Ah! Newcomers!" A nearby nurse said cheerfully through a megaphone, "Please put on one of those uniforms in the rooms to your left and grab a mask if you can!"

Jupiter followed the nurse's orders and grabbed the lavender robes that were provided. She grabbed a mask from the desk nearby, put it on, and then headed to a room where the Pride Melons were. Carefully she climbed up the tree to grab a melon, ate it, and grabbed another one before heading out for her first meal, as it was breakfast at that time.

She saw a nurse hitting a person and carrying them to the cafeteria as she went, and once at the cafeteria she saw the nurse dropping the person, pouring water on them, before the poor man sat up and rushed to a seat, looking terrified. Two other nurses rushed into another room (the kitchen probably) and then the nurse who was in the cafeteria went over to the kitchen and slammed the door, locking it.

Jupiter sat down at a table with the others. Some of them are sick and she tried to avoid them coughing on her. She held her hands out to pray silently as she awaited her meal, but it wasn't long before another call came from the megaphone of one of the nurses.

"What a night! Now be at the tables, sitting down with an uniform on! We will be serving soy holy Fried Duck with Side Eggs! Now sit and be holy patient!"

Five nurses came out of the kitchen and shut the door, locking it. They started handing out the dishes and Jupiter kept the dish, waiting until the nighttime to eat as she knew she would be hungry through the long night. She then headed out of the cafeteria and went over to the balcony to pray, as she waited for further instructions.

"Ah! What's your name," a girl stood beside Jupiter. She had the Holy Accent that everyone used in this Sanatorium.

"Jupiter," she answered, "What's your's?"

"Wolfie."

"How long have you been here?"

Wolfie frowned.

"Two months."

Jupiter raised her eyebrows. She was surprised that Wolfie could last that long, with all the casualities going on in this Cannibals Sanatorium.

"First day," Jupiter said, "How is it like being here? I'm surprised you've been here for that long!"

"Soy scary," Wolfie shuddered, "People who didn't get Holy Water within two days would turn into Spiders each night, probably quite a few people. They roam around the hallways starting to kill the people also roaming the hallways. When you get spotted by a nurse, they carry you to a cage for a spider to attack you."

"I heard there are bunker alarms?"

"Ah," Wolfie sighed, "What's worse are Cannibals. They can do worse damage to you than the Spiders. Although they are soy rare but they are deadly, and people turn into them when they are soy crazy enough. When a Cannibal is transformed, the bunker alarms sound and people has to find a bunker to hide before the Cannibals get you. Oh that means you have to get through the soy deadly spiders and probably even Cannibals along the hallways."

"How could you survive all that," Jupiter whispered, scared to her wits.

"I just stayed in a dorm before the others. Right after I get my food I rush to the dorms and find a open one with NOBODY inside, then close it and lock it as quickly as possible soy nobody who may turn into a spider or cannibal would get in. Ah, so um, pretty simple," Wolfie shrugged.

They waited for a few more moments before the nurses called everyone to the courtyard to play.