Chapter Six

Jupiter seemed to have gotten used to the Sanatorium Life, and so did Wolfie. They were still shocked and terrified of the nights, but the daytimes were okay. Only once Jupiter had turned into a spider but she had fought the spider instincts and became a nice spider, attacking all the spiders that were going to hurt Wolfie. She hung out in Wolfie's dorm, Wolfie being scared to still stay in the same room as a nice spider but began to trust Jupiter's spider form.

Some newcomers were behaving badly since they walked in, and the nurses would execute them by carrying them and dropping them off a cliff "as a punishment for soy unholy behavior'', as they had said. Every once in a few days the nurses would get mad at the people for being unholy and feed Baby Back Rats, and got rid of some people.

One night Jupiter and Wolfie had to rush into a room already occupied with a couple people. When nighttime arrived someone in the room turned into a spider, and they all had to run because the spider didn't bother to become a nice one. While in the hallways they have been blindly trying to force a door open but which turned out to be the bunkers, and they were spotted by a nurse so they were knocked out and taken to the Quarantine Cage for a spider to attack them. Luckily the spider kept there was a nice spider that saved them, so the two friends escaped and found a dorm to hide in once more.

Jupiter's wounds are healing, and once her bandages were taken off the nurses poured more holy water on the wound before letting her out of the nursery. Indeed there was a jagged scar over her leg and a neat small scar over her right cheek, but then Jupiter liked the scar on her cheek as it would be a souvenier from her new home and it kind of made her feel cool.

Jupiter never got to the Sanatorium's accent, because she stuck with speaking her own accent. Wolfie decided to stick with Jupiter's accent so she regained her normal accent and managed to speak normally without trouble in a couple weeks.

It had been five months since Jupiter had landed herself in the Sanatorium, and this day it was her 13th birthday. As she got up in the morning Wolfie wished her a happy birthday and the nurses had hosted a special Village Visiting trip that day, so Wolfie and Jupiter got themselves some bread and cake and more delicious fruits, hung out at a small dining area where they got drinks, before the sun began to set and the nurses led them back to the Sanatorium for their last meal of Fresh Jellyfish before they headed off to their dorms.

Jupiter had known her way around the Sanatorium since she'd stayed at the Sanatorium for a while now, and so has Wolfie. They never got lost on their ways to the bunkers and learned to avoid the cannibals and spiders on the way anymore.

That night when the bunker alarms sounded, the night of Jupiter's birthday, they were terrified but remained calm and dashed for the bunkers. Some people followed them but Jupiter could hear shrieks behind them but kept running. They made it to a bunker where they were instructed to sit on those chairs and keep away from the door in case a Cannibal or Spider reaches their arms or stingers in. The nurses were seen carrying some people to the bunkers as well and poured water to wake the people up when they were dropped down on the bunker's floor.

"Sorry this had to happen on your birthday," Wolfie whispered.

"I'm alright," Jupiter grinned, "Plus, I kind of expected this to happen everyday, because bunker alarms and outbreaks happen without warning, right? Plus no need to apologize, you didn't cause it."

Wolfie smiled and they leaned back, breathing in and out deeply as the alarms kept sounding. Jupiter could hear desperate scratching and banging noises on the hard metal doors of the Bunkers.