Chapter Ten

A few months later, they heard the exciting news of the Sanatorium reopening.

Jupiter and Wolfie were so happy and resigned from their work, heading over to the dock once they had everything packed. Their beloved gay pirate Jack was more cheerful than ever as he rowed the boat to the other island's dock. He smiled and bowed everyone off the boat as the group headed on the island, over the old and wooden bridge, through the village and island before getting to the Sanatorium. The nurses were bustling, all smiling and with joy, as Jupiter and Wolfie put their uniforms on and the nurses took their things. They picked their melons from the Pride Melon trees and headed to the cafeteria where the nurses served their breakfast.

"Ah! Welcome back," a nurse said cheerfully, "In celebration of our dearly Sanatorium's reopening we will be serving Gay Cake for this morning's meal!"

The cake was creamy and yummy as Jupiter and Wolfie ate, starving from their whole morning's trip to the Sanatorium. They trashed the empty plates in the nearest trash bin and headed off to the balcony to pray. At that moment the Sanatorium's door crashed open.

"Oh me oh my! Our Divine Goddess Valindra has come to visit this plesant Sanatorium's reopening!" Another nurse called out, "Please smarten up yourselves and head to the Lecture Hall as our Divine Sister prepares a special speech to tell and will host up some wonderous events!"

Everyone was excited as they seated themselves in the Lecture Hall, as the nurses and Valindra stepped on the stage. Valindra smiled as she held out her hands to pray, and so did the others, in a V form on the stage.

"What a blessing did God answer our prayers to reopen our wonderous Sanatorium!" Valindra began, "We are dearly blessed greatly and can come back to our Holy Home while it's reopened! Thank you soy much for everyone's dearly patience at the Sanatorium's reopening. Although it did take a while, but I am soy happy and blessed that the wait was worth it as our Holy Sanatorium reopens once more!

"The governors blessed us with the cleanse of the unholy sickness that was spread around a few years ago, before our Sanatorium had closed down. We must thank them, and our Holy Gods, for letting us come back to our only True Home!

"Now, it is time for some celebration! Everyone gather up at the front door, as we will host a special Melon Picking Contest, and whoever grabs 5 melons and bring it back to me in 5 minutes gets a special prize that will be useful to your living at this special Sanatorium! The challenge is hard, but once you get the prize it will be worth it!"

As everyone left the Lecture Hall to gather up at the entrance, they were gleeful and happy as they talked cheerfully. Wolfie prepared herself, and so did Jupiter. When the doors opened and the countdown started, Jupiter ran to the nearest melon tree and grabbed two, then ran to two more to grab them, and ran as fast as she could to the Sanatorium. She had only thirty seconds left as she made it into the Sanatorium, as two more people had made it. Valindra gifted her with a Holy Cross.

"Congratulations! Keep one of the melons and pass the four to me!" Valindra grinned, "This Holy Cross will protect you from the unholy Cannibals and Spiders. Show them this cross as they are going to attack you, and they will be pertrified for a few seconds, enough time for you to run away and lose them in the dark! But it is the soy best to stay in your dorms in time, but just in case you may use this!"

"Thank you!" Jupiter said just as Wolfie came in. She saw the cross and smiled, gasping for breath. They headed to the Lecture Hall to grab the Holy Water that the nurses distributed and Jupiter told Wolfie about her Holy Cross.

"Wow!" Wolfie breathed, her eyes widening as they headed out of the Lecture Hall to the Cafeteria for dinnner. "Tell you this, I've heard of this special area just outside the Sanatorium, a cave, to be exact. A whole extraordinary cave, right near the infamous waterfall! Let's find a way out of the Sanatorium when dark comes and get to the cave!"

Jupiter thought of how the front entrance doors closes when nighttime falls.

"We have to get out before nighttime, because the doors are sealed shut when nighttime falls," Jupiter whispered. Wolfie nodded, chewing into her Roasted Flamingo supper the nurses had distributed.