Chapter Five

Someone splashed water on Jupiter's face and she woke with a start.

Jupiter rubbed her eyes groggily, sitting up, and wincing at the pain of her arm and leg. There was a bandage over the cut on her face, and her arm and legs were wrapped with clean new bandages. She was in a metal surrounded room with chairs along the walls, and there were nurses and other people sitting, surrounding them. The nurse who had knocked her out was sitting over her, with an empty water jar in her hands.

But sitting over on the other side of Jupiter, was a familiar face Jupiter was glad to see.

"Oh Jupiter!" Wolfie was sobbing hard as she clutched Jupiter's robes tightly and anxiously, "I'm soy relived to see you alive! How are you? Are you okay? I hope the unholy spiders and cannibals didn't get you out there!"

"I'm fine," Jupiter answered grimly. She looked around, "Are we in the bunkers?"

Wolfie nodded, still wiping her tears.

But it wasn't long until morning and the nurses released everyone out of the bunkers to start their day.

"What an unholy and terrifying night that was! I was soy worried of everyone!" A nurse announced for the morning, "Please have yourself seated in the cafeteria as we serve our holy breakfast!"

"And our beloved and soy holy Gay Pirate Jack has brought us some Squid to relief us!" Another nurse proclaimed, "So we will be having some Squid and Onions to start our day! Soy exciting!"

The nurses insisted that Jupiter would stay in the nursery for a little bit longer before continuing the day with the normal activities. They brought her the dishes she was eating each day, but Wolfie was not allowed to visit her.

That noon she had her second blur, meaning she would turn into a cannibal or spider that night, so then she drank her Holy Water, and her visions started to go brighter until she was blindly white, and then it died down and she felt much better. The nurses helped throw her empty plates and jars away in the meantime and said she would still be staying in the dorms that night.

"Be quick about it, we don't want you getting soy hurt," said one of the nurses. Jupiter nodded as she took her dinner dish and went to the dorms. She settled in one of the open dorms, ready for another terrifying night just as the doorknob jiggled with Wolfie's familiar face peeking through the window, so Jupiter slid out of her bed and limped to the door, unlocking it and letting her friend in before locking the door again.

"How's your injuries?" Wolfie asked as she settled down on a bed beside Jupiter's.

"Not bad, leg still weak and hurts and I still have to limp, nurses say I might get a scar on my face and arm, as the spider's claws got my muscles. My arm's going to heal just fine, but I might limp a little bit with the leg," Jupiter gritted her teeth.

"My oh my! Sounds awful!" Wolfie gasped, "Did you drink your soy holy water?"

Jupiter realized that the sanatorium's lights didn't close just yet, so Wolfie was making sure.

"Yes, did you?"

Wolfie nodded.

"Good, from what I've gathered from you it's hard to fight spider feelings," Jupiter grinned.

The lights flickered off, Jupiter gasped and then the two friends laughed silently at Jupiter's jumpscare. But then they were cut off by an ear-splitting shriek.

"Oh, best to not laugh soy much in this situation," Wolfie whispered.

"How many people die every night?" Jupiter asked.

"No idea," Wolfie shrugged, "Soy much people get attacked, that's what I know."

They climbed to their beds and pulled the blankets up. Jupiter curled up, shivering in the darkness. She saw Wolfie's silouhette in the darkness, laying as still has possible, but quivering.

Jupiter managed to handle the terrifying night as usual, and began eating her food through the night at some point.