Chapter Eight

The Sanatorium life was going very well, but not long after Valindra's visit at the Sanatorium, the town's officials stormed into the Sanatorium.

The governor was in a bad mood, looking around at the sickness. He growled softly and demanded to a nurse that he wanted to speak with Valindra.

"Let me speak to her," he threatened at the counter.

"Sorry sir," the female nurse replied, her voice shaking, "Our Divine Sister is unavailable at the moment, would you visit her later?"

"I will not wait," the governor snarled. He turned and glared around, landing his glare on Jupiter and Wolfie, who shrunk against the wall, wearing their masks. A moment later he stormed out of the Sanatorium.

Silence over the Sanatorium.

"Would you think the Sanatorium is in trouble, or even Valindra?" Wolfie whispered.

Jupiter couldn't respond. She didn't want to find out the answer. She hoped that the governor wasn't angry about the Sanatorium for some reason.

That night when Jupiter and Wolfie went to their beds, a male nurse unlocked the door and stepped in, fury and disgust written all over his face.

"We request that you guys meet in the balcony along with the others," he said grimly.

Jupiter cast a confused look to Wolfie, and Wolfie shrugged. They got out of bed and went down the hallways. They noticed that the nurses were pouring holy water over the spiders so they could transform back.

As they headed to the balcony there were all the people gathered, including the nurses., who had faces of sullen expressions. Once everyone had calmed down, the nurses addressed them and one of them spoke out.

"We are soy unfortunate right now," he began, "Due to the unholy sickness the governor has suspended our Holy Sanatorium until further issues, mostly when the sickness is cleansed from anyone who lived here and all the remaining unholy mess." His voice cracked.

"That means everyone here will be heading back to their homes, or staying at the village, but the village would be closed likely," another nurse said.

"So that means," Wolfie whispered.

"Jack the Gay Pirate will be arriving at our docks tomorrow first thing in the morning," the male nurse said again, "You will all be gathered with your holy belongings and we will set off."

That night as the nurses dealt with the spiders, Jupiter heard Wolfie furiously sobbing, clutching her pillow tight in her bed. Jupiter sniffled, wondering where she would stay with her parents and her whole family gone.

Orphanage, Jupiter thought grimly, Naughty and wailing kids running around crying for their own mamas, but where else would I go?

The next morning, the patients, some still coughing, put on the cloak and robes that the nurses had given them, packed some supplies, and set out of the Sanatorium. They grabbed more melons on the way and bought their last favourite foods from the village before heading over the wooden and old bridge and down the island.

Jupiter stayed beside Wolfie, trying not to miss her probably last moments with her. Her eyes were full of tears she tried to keep in, but continued to flow down her cheek. She couldn't hide that anger and fury against the governor, but what could she do about her only great home's suspension?

When they stepped off Jack's boat onto the dock that leads back to their town, the people who were 18 or older followed some of the nurses, while the rest of the nurses took the younger ones and headed to an office. For the whole afternoon the nurses sorted everyone to the orphanages, and then Jupiter was separated from Wolfie. They hugged for their final moments, whispering their final words, before Jupiter was pulled away when her orphanage bus had arrived to pick her up, leaving her only best friend back at the office.