Backstage

Everyone finished performing and we went back to our dressing rooms to get her up our things and change. We were talking amongst ourselves when I heard Wendy talking about BTS. I joined in the conversation and soon we are all talking about them.

"They're so nice and they're really handsome too!" Seulgi was saying. I think she had a little crush on one of the boys...

"I wonder if they'd want to hang out with us sometime, should we ask them if they want to come with us to dinner?" Irene asked, being her logical leader self. We had decided to go out tonight to celebrate our three week streak of winning with Rookie.

"We could at least ask, but I don't want to be the one that does it in case they say no. One of you had to do it" I could tell Seulgi was nervous around them. I looked around and saw all of the girls looking a little uncomfortable about having to ask.

"I'll do it" I volunteer and see a few of the girls breathe out in relief will other's look at me confused. Normally I'd be nervous about getting rejected but honestly I wanted to see one of them again ;)

After some light teasing about how I'm the bravest one I head out on my mission. I start humming the mission impossible theme song as I realize I have no clue where their dressing room is. They could have already left for all I knew. Ugh now I started to panic a little. As I was wondering around I saw who I believed to be one of their staff members. I approached her and saw her eyes go a little wide at the sight of me.

"Hi I'm Y/N, you're on Bangtan sunbaenim's staff right?" I ask her.

" I know who you are" she says a little nervously "and yes I'm Taehyung's stylist"

"That's great! I was wondering if they were still here, I was going to ask them if they wanted to join us for dinner but I didn't know where their room was" I told her trying not to show how nervous I was.

"Oh yeah they're still here, their room is just down this hall I can take you to them". Thank goodness, I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and followed her.

I started trying to plan my attack. I mean Namjoon is the leader, but I know Jungkook the most, but he's shy around girls so maybe not. I'm still trying to decide the best course of action when we arrive at their room. The stylist, Anna was her name, walked in leaving me still zoned out in the doorway. I was suddenly regretting volunteering to do this. I look up and see all the boys eyes on me. I decide to just address them as a group.

"Hey, um, the unnies wanted to know if you guys would like to join us for dinner" I said only faltering once under the suddenly intense gaze of Jungkook. I could see them all look at each other before Namjoon starts speaking.

"Yeah we'd love to, where-" he gets cut off by Jungkook

"And why would we want to do that?" He asks smirking. I see all of their eyes go wide worried I wouldn't know he was just teasing.

"Well it's the least we could do after beating you so mercilessly" I say teasing him right back.

I laugh at his shocked face, I guess he's not used to people being able to keep up with him so easily. The boys laugh and Namjoon continues his original response of asking us where and we agree to go to a Korean barbeque place about two blocks away. I wave bye to the boys and make my way back to my members to tell them the good news.

              ~time skip brought to you by Jimin's "accidents"~

We head into the restaurant to see the boys already seated at a cluster of tables. They were spread out which surprised me a little. I figured they would sit in their group and we would sit with ours, but they had left empty seats in between. I saw Seulgi take a seat next to Jimin, much to his delight. I noticed an empty seat between Jungkook and Jin that I really wanted, but I didn't want to seem eager so I just strolled over hoping no one would beat me to it . I sat down and saw the boys looking like they all knew something we didnt.

We ordered our food and while waiting we all talked. I was almost scared we were gonna get kicked out because we were so loud. Jin kept making dad jokes that apparently only me and him thought were funny. We were both laughing so loud that some of the other members had to talk louder to hear over us. We spent the night telling funny stories about our members and just getting to know each other really.

                                        ~Jungkook's POV~

We got to the restaurant and saw that the girls hadn't arrived yet. We got a table and started sitting down. Then we realized we were all seated together and that it would be more welcoming if we mixed their group into ours. We tried figuring out where to leave empty. Jimin volunteered the seat next to him. We all knew he wanted Seulgi there and we also knew that she definitely was going to end up next to him. We tried to figure out where each girl would be most comfortable. I wanted Y/N to sit by me but I couldn't just say that because the boys would tease me.

"I think Y/N would like the spot between Jin hyung and Kook" Tae  said and then continued "she seemed to like Kookie pretty well and I've seen her make some really lame puns on interviews, we might have actually found someone to laugh at Jin's jokes"

This earned a glare from Jin but it was exactly what I wanted so I just nodded and said "let's do that!" But apparently I was a little too enthusiastic because soon my hyungs started teasing me. They all knew I had a little crush on her.

Eventually we figured out the seating and the girls came in having changed out of their outfits and wearing hats, probably to help conceal their identity. We saw them look a little surprised that we weren't all sitting together but they hid it well and just took their seats. I saw Y/N look at the seat next to me and slowly make her way over. Ugh she needed to come faster what if someone else sits down! When she finally sat down I looked around and saw the girls had sat exactly where we thought they would. We looked at each other, proud of our understanding of them. The night went really well, we all talked and laughed.

Normally I hated Jin's dad jokes but they made Y/N laugh and I ended up impatient for him to tell more just so I could hear her laugh again. It was quite possibly the cutest laugh I'd ever heard.

                                      ~Back to Your POV~

We were almost completely done with our food and we had quieted down a lot compared to earlier. Jin made a joke about the desserts we had just ordered and when I finally finished laughing I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked to the other side of me to see a smiling Jungkook.

"I know my laugh is weird but it's not that funny" I told him thinking that was why he was so entertained by our exchange. I saw him look a little confused but didn't think much of it as I looked down at my water.

He leaned himself down and whispered in my ear " you have the cutest laugh I've heard in my entire life. "

My head immediately snapped up in shock at his words. I looked him in the eyes, forgetting about hiding my blushing face the second I saw the amount of sincerity in his words. He really meant it. I knew he noticed my blush but I couldn't help it. He was so forward and I already didn't have much experience with boys so I was at a total loss for words. He looked a little shocked with himself for being so blunt, he was usually pretty shy. I was in my own little world, looking in his eyes and thinking about what he said until our members started laughing.

"What did he say to her!"

" Why'd he whisper it? It better not have been naughty!! "

"Oooo she's blushing bad"

We finally looked away from each other both smiling to ourselves before fending off our members.

We all said our goodbyes and headed out to our individual vans, but not before getting each other's numbers and promising to hang out again soon. I had a really great night and I could tell all the girls did too. It was nice to hang out with another group just like normal friends and not for work.