Duet

~back to Y/N POV~

We had finally finished our music video, countless hours of dance practice and filming had taken up our last two weeks. It was being edited by the staff, shots being merged and fixed while I sat in my bed.

Scrolling through my Twitter under the tag Jungri I was starting to see why people shipped us so hard. We were both just very flirty people and since we've become official we have a lot of skinship.

However I do see the hate comments as well, tweets about how I didn't deserve him and disses about everything I do.

I know I always let hate comments get to me too easily and I should stop while I'm ahead but I can't.

I'm glad my back is facing the door so that Jungkook can't see the tears silently trailing down my face when he enters our room.

He's probably just here to grab something so I continue my spiral, clicking on 'Why Jungri could never be real: a thread'. I almost laugh, say what you want but fans are dedicated.

Something grabs my shoulder and I basically jump out of my skin. Turning to face my attacker I hold onto my phone like a weapon, forgetting all about my tearstained cheeks.

When I see it's just Jungkook I heave a huge sigh of relief.

"You scared the shit out of me" the curse slips out but the thing that worried me more is that my voice sounds wrong to my ears, quieter and a little too high.

Suddenly I remember the last few minutes, and I quickly turn around, hoping Jungkook wouldn't notice.

But of course the universe hates me so he immediately noticed it, as well as the tweet that was pulled up on my phone when I tried to hit him with it.

His arms opened and suddenly I was pulled into his body, his hand stroking my hair.

"Didn't anyone tell you not to read the hate comments?"

He pulled back far too quickly for me but then I saw him walk over and mumble something before covering the camera with one of his shirts.

He comes back and once again wraps his arms around me, slightly kissing my tear stained cheeks.

"Come on" he whispers as he pulls me towards my bed, laying us down. He pulls me on top of him and I wrap my arms and legs around his body while he traces shapes in my back. He mumbles quiet reassurances about how nobody knows what they're talking about and how I'm the only person that makes him happy like this.

And it works, eventually I'm no longer sad, even smiling some at his words. Pulling back from his body to look at his face I smile down at him before placing a quiet peck on his lips.

"Thank you"

And with that I feel his arms tighten against me one more time.

"I think I'm gonna write a little bit" suddenly lyrics started coming to my head, and writing out my feelings always made me feel better.

"Really? Can I watch?"

I wasn't used to people being around when I wrote but it might be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of.

"Sure, why not"

I make my way over to my desk and sit down while taking out the notebook I keep my ideas in. A lot of them recently had been about him, but this was a different idea. It wasn't a cheesy love song, no upbeat happy rhythm. No this felt like a sad ballad type song. So I wrote it that way.

I had an idea of the lyrics for this one part, but no wonder how I switched around my melody it seemed like I couldn't make the notes fit.

"What if you made it a kind of rap part?" Jungkook speaks for the first time since I had started working, his words snapping me out of my frustrated humming.

Remembering that he was there immediately made me blush, embarrassed about the lyrics I was writing about him. He only smiled in response while I contemplated his idea.

Humming it to myself, thinking about a more talking type voice instead of singing. It worked out really well.

"Wait that works so good!! Thank you thank you thank you!" I give him a quick hug, overjoyed that I finally got it to fit.

He laughs and I turn back to my music, singing softly to test out the melody, switching a few notes. Every time I got to the last bit I heard Jungkook's voice in my head.

"Hey can you do this part for me? I just want to see something."

He just goes along with it, completely surrendering to my creative process. Even when I ask him to do it for the tenth time, but this time wait a second before saying a specific word.

He finishes one again and I look him in the eyes a bright smile on my face.

"Do you want to sing this with me?"

~~~~~~~

A/N: this chapter is a little shorter and I guess it's maybe kind of a filler, I just felt bad for not updating in a while. I've got major writers block but I'm trying to just push through it, it's not that big of a deal since not many people read this but I still felt bad lmao. Hopefully I'll have more updates soon.