Chapter Seven

I'm bored as hell and I've written seven chapters of this story already and it hasn't even been 48 hours since I first published.

All the love,
Lex🔪🖤

-•-

-•-

Nightfall came quicker than I thought it had, the lights of the city flashing and illuminating the streets. I stared out at the streets from Calum's fancy whip, a sleek new black Mercedes convertible, yawning slightly as I watched the traffic roll by.

"Tired, Angel?" The man asked, placing his hand on my knee. I looked down at his hand then up to him, seeing him look at me as we stopped at a light. I nod lightly, forcing myself to hold back another yawn.

"That's understandable, you've had a long day, Angel Eyes. It's almost midnight, too."

It had been a long day.

After Calum had agreed to help me find Luke, we, Calum, Michael and I, spent the day in his office looking over any information which could lead to why Luke owed the money. Michael had to return to his home across the Harbor, over in Hoboken, New Jersey, leaving me with Calum.

Calum offered to take my home from his place, claiming it was too late at night to be walking seven miles in the city, especially through Central Park.

"Turn h-here," I tell Calum when we reach 12th Street. Just a short drive down the block and we reached my apartment. "T-this is it," I tell him, making Calum park outside my apartment.

"Uh, t-thank you, for driving me h-home. And for h-helping me find my b-brother." I turn to Calum, giving him a small smile.

"Of course, Angel Eyes. I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded with a smile, hopping out of the car. "Wait, Angel, give me your phone." I hastily pull my phone out and hand it to him. He types something really quick before handing it back to me. "Call me if you need anything, Angel. Have a good night."

Calum drives off, leaving me with a smile and my thoughts. I make my way up the front steps of my apartment, pulling out my keys. I unlocked the front door of my apartment, walking in. What I saw made my heart stop.

The apartment was completely trashed. Picture frames lay broken on the floor. Pillows, chairs and the couch were torn, their stuffing pulled out. Paperwork was shredded and scattered on the floor. Kitchenware was out of place, dishes were broken. I carefully made my way into my bedroom, finding my clothes and bedsheets on the floor.

I walked closer to my bed, picking up Mr. Snuffles and a few other plushies. They were left in tack. I hugged the small toys close to me, feeling a hot, fat tear roll down my cheek.

On my dresser, a picture of Luke and I at my graduation layers face down, but was unbroken. I picked up the picture frame, holding it in my arms with the stuffed animals.

I walked into the bathroom, finding symbols painted on the mirror, and the letters S.S.G.

I felt my pocket for my phone, pulling it out and calling the number Calum left. It rang for a a few seconds before I heard his deep voice.

"Hello?"

"Calum, it's Ashton."

"Angel, what are you callin' for? Is everything ok? You sound like your crying."

"Somebody broke into my apartment."

"Shit, ok, stay there. I'm on Eighth Avenue, I'll be there in five minutes."

The line went dead, felt more tears trickle down my face. I looked at the picture frame in my hand, staring at my brother's happy face.

"Don't worry, Lu Lu, I'll find you." I whispered, holding Mr. Snuffles tightly, letting out a sob of heartache, falling to the cold tiled floor of the bathroom. I had lost so much in the span of a day.

The sound of footsteps echoed in the apartment, almost masked by my loud cries. A large hand gripped my shoulder. I looked up, rubbing my teary eyes to see Calum standing above me. He kneeled down, meeting my eye level.

"Oh, Angel. Come on, it's not safe here for you anymore." He whispered, softly wiping away my tears. He stood up, holding out a hand for me to stand up, pulling me up.

I quickly grabbed the picture frame and the handful of plushies, Mr. Snuffles included, while Calum looked at the mirror. His jaw clenched as his fingers traced over the glass, taking in the symbols and letters. He turned to me, giving me a tight but sad smile.

"Let's get you somewhere safe, Angel."