Chapter Thirty

Grab some tissues and maybe some religious book or holy water cause shits getting good.

Lex🖤

-•-

-•-

Morning sunshine seeped through the sheer curtains that hung over the window, dancing across my face. The light awoke me with a small flinch, my eyes fluttering open. I tried to sit up, but I found that I couldn't move,

I looked down with blurred vision, finding a pair or strong, tan, tattooed arms holding onto my waist. I smile to myself, cuddling into Calum's hold.

"I like this." A raspy voice murmurs, Calum's chest vibrating softly with each word. "I like waking up next to you."

I smile into Calum's bare chest, nodding my head in agreement. "I-I like it too." I lifted my head from Calum's tanned chest, looking up at him with a smile.

"I was going to wait until dinner tonight to ask you this but, uh," Calum sat up, setting me off his chest lightly before walking over to his suitcase. He got out a small box, walking back over to me. "Would you let me have the chance to spend every morning with you, Angel?"

"What?" I whisper, watching as Calum chuckled and got down on his knee beside the bed.

"I know it's really sudden. Fuck, we aren't even dating- this is such a bad idea, I haven't even asked you to be my boyfriend. But uh... fuck, Angel. I-" he paused, taking in a sharp breath. "My lifestyle doesn't ensure happiness. Hell, before I met you, family and love were silly little childish dreams to me. But Ashton, Angel, you've made me realize that love is so, so fucking real.

"It's been only two months since we met, but you've changed me, Angel. You've shown me what it's like to have feelings besides rage or envy. Your cute little giggle and your adorable stuttering just melts my frozen heart, Angel.

"Like I said, my life doesn't ensure anything. I could be here today and dead tomorrow, that's why I must do this. I can't let you leave me, Angel... please. You've been so fucking good to me and damnit, Ashton, I'm so fucking in love with you.

"Please? Please, will you be my husband? Will you let me give you the whole fucking world? Will you let me have these happy little moments for the rest of our lives? Will you let me be able to wake up by your side every morning and just feel like for once that everything will be okay?"

Calum looks up, tears threatening to spill from his chestnut brown eyes. I bite my lip, taking in the man in front of me. He had opened the small black box to reveal a shiny platinum ring. The band held a small diamond surrounded by a pair of glimmering angel wings.

"I-I... Calum, I'd love to s-spend the rest of my l-life with you." I whisper, making the older man smile. Calum's nimble fingers took the ring from the box, carefully sliding it onto my ring finger. He held onto my hand, bringing it to his face, pressing a light kiss on the back of my knuckles before the door swing open.

We both looked up, seeing a hunched over panting Michael in the doorway.

"We- they, hmm... well, we found Luke!" Michael says out of breath, making me straighten up. "But they're moving him to Saint Petersburg. Tonight."

"Fuck," Calum groaned, standing up quickly. He pulled my along with him, holding me into his side. "We have to hit 'em."

Michael frowned, beginning to protest. "But Rizzo's men haven't arrived-"

"To hell with the Italians. If you want to see Luke again, we have to strike tonight. We won't have this opportunity again, Mike. Once Hemmings steps foot in Petersburg, he's dead. You and I both know that."

"What do you mean, Calum?" I whisper, looking up at the taller man. He looked down with a look of regret, taking a shaky breath.

"The Russians are... different. They take matters differently, and those carry over into their mafia. Angel... if we don't get your brother tonight, it will be too late. He'll be dead by dawn. Either gas or firing squad, then wrapped up and sunk in the Baltic."