Chapter Twenty Eight

Another shameless (I am shamed...) plug to a new story? Yes.

Remember when I started Mafia, I said that it was my baby? I am here to say I will legally adopt Magic as my little fantasy child.

Shameful trailer plug showing what you can expect from the story if I haven't convinced you... mhm

Right... on to the story :)

All the love,
Lex🖤

-•-

-•-Calum's PoV

-•-
Calum's PoV

"Calum, we will be la-" Michael shouts through the plane, walking from the bar. He stops himself when he notices Ashton laying asleep on my lap. "Oh."

I give him a look, rubbing my hand in small circles over Ashton's upper thigh. The younger man twists around in his sleep, his head cuddling up into my abdomen.

"When are you going to do it?" Michael asks, taking a drink from his martini glass. I raise an eyebrow at his question.

"Do what, exactly?" I tilt my head, giving him a threatening look. Michael furrows his eyebrows.

"You know... proporre?" Michael suggests rather sarcastically. "I heard you and Rizzo on the runway. So, when are you going to do it?"

"Oh." I murmur, shrugging my shoulders. In all honesty, I had no idea when I would do it. I just know that I would; and soon.

"Why now? You've known him, what, a few weeks? That's not long, Cal." Michael continues, sounding like the concerned mother he secretly is.

"When you know, you know, Mike. Lo amo Ashton. I want to show him that," I pause, looking down at the man on my lap. I trace my fingers over his chin, feeling my heart bubbling with love.

"Even if it's only for a day... because my- this life is uncertain, Mike."

Michael and I fall silent. The blond man is lost in his thoughts while I find myself staring at Ashton's sleeping figure. Every time I see him, I question how I was lucky enough to ever meet such a pure soul.

My pure little angel.

"What do you mean?" Michael questions in a hushed voice, sitting down in a chair across from me. I bite my lip, trying to find the words to say.

"We don't have time to settle down and just try to find love in this life; you know that. I- I just don't want to... I don't want to loose him, Mike," I whisper while my hand cups sleeping Ashton's cheek.

"He's the best thing that has ever happened to me, Mike. I know I say it a lot but- I know he's the one." Michael frowns, but nods his head slowly.

"He's a good kid. He- he keeps you anchored, Calum. I've noticed- and that's good. I'd do it soon, bud. Like you said, you never know what out life will present." Michael lifts his glass to me, as a silent toast, before taking another drink of his dry martini. I smile at my old friend, giving him a tight nod.

"I know... I will."

"Hai un anello?" Michael asks quickly, his accent peaking as he spoke in Italian. I nodded.

"Sì. I got one the other day in Roma." I thought back to when Rizzo had taken us to the mainland. Ashton was so enthused by the Roman history and the traditional food that he didn't notice when I slipped away for a few minutes to buy him a special gift.

"Make him happy, Cal. He deserves it." Michael said, standing up from his seat and walking back to the bar. I nod to myself, looking down at Ashton once again.

I leaned down, pressing a light kiss over his lips, pulling my head away but keeping him tight in my arms.

"You deserve the world, Angel."