#1

Ella's pov
"Oh no not again." I exclaimed as i
walked down the street that lead to home.

"Hi, fine girl come na, see as you set."

I could feel my heart beat against
my chest. I walked faster doing my
best not to look their way.

Relief consumed me as I approached my compound gate. Wondering as I entered the kitchen, if it was the tall muscular one that tried calling me this time. Wait? I shouldn't be thinking about this, I felt irritated with myself.

"What took you so long?"

  Mom was leaning on the kitchen door, crossed armed.  She gave a small hiss as she retracted back into the kitchen.

I surely wasn't about to tell my mom about the weird guys who keep disturbing me in the estate. Nahh, she won't understand.

I quickly grabbed my phone off the table, but i wasn't fast enough.

"so you want want to leave me in the
kitchen, and be pressing that your phone. It's like that's all you know how to do. Have you ironed your clothes for tomorrow?"

"Yes ma." I replied.

"What of your dad's clothes?"

"Yes ma."

I answered.  Annoyance already bubbling within me. I knew where this was going and i
didn't like it.

"What of your brother's own, i'm sure you haven't done that because i still saw it on the dresser."

Mom just wanted me to work and i knew it.
With  teary eyes I yelled.

"You just want to disturb me!, it's not as if he cannot iron it himself."

"Hehnn, what did you just say!!"

I could see her right hand already preparing for my cheeks, as she drew closer to me.

Uh oh....

"Nothing ma" I quickly replied, retracing my steps.

There was a moment of silence then I stylishly walked out of the kitchen.   

Trust mom to always get on my nerves, she's always giving me bad
vibes. She was so not like dad.

My eyes were already teary now. I quickly wiped them off. I always seemed to find myself crying alot of recent. Suddenly my phone
gave a familar buzz in my pocket; which meant i had a new message.

I picked it up to see who chatted me, hoping it was kelly so i could gist her today's episode of area boys trying to make a move on me. My phone almost dropped from my hand as i saw the name.  I looked at the screen to be sure i wasn't seeing wrong. No, my eyes were working quite well. Jimmy said hi to me on whatsapp.

I couldn't hold back the blush. Quickly forgetting my annoyance at my mom. Jimmy the catch of the school said hi to me, kelly has to hear this.

I  began typing to kelly when i realised that she wasn't even online. damn, kelly must have already gone to bed. oh well it'll have to wait till tomorrow. I hopped happily as i grabbed my brother's clothes to iron it. I wasn't even angry at mom any more, i couldn't wait for tomorrow....