#11

Ella's mom pov
"Chimo (God)  pls save my daughter from evil "

Rolling on the floor with no concern to who saw me at that moment, i began praying in my local lingua.

As much as I tried to stay calm, i couldn't stop imagining what could have happened to my daughter. She had never come back this late before; did a car hit her? has she been robbed or worse, kidnapped? 

Her father had called the school but she was no where on the premises and other students had confirmed seeing her going home.

I contemplated alerting the police but papa ella said it was not serious, it's not serious it's not serious, now, it's almost 11pm and my daughter is no where to be found.

I picked myself up from the floor and dusted my attire. Sitting on the chair I thought to myself, maybe I should inform my brother who was in the military he'll know what to do. I reached for my phone, as I did Ella walked into the sitting room looking very tired and dirty.

"Good evening mummy"  She spoke with so much weakness. It bothered me but i gave a sigh of relief, at least she was okay.

I wanted to jump on her and hug her but I held myself.

" Amarachi! where do you think you are coming from?"

I got up from the chair with tears in my eyes.

"You want to kill me this girl,  I did not kill my mother o."
I screamed my head off.

There was something about her that seemed off but I couldn't just place it, she took a few steps back from me before answering

"There ..was traffic ma "

"Ehnn don't you lie to me, I called your school. Your teacher said you left school with one boy, abi?"

No answer.

"So you are now going out with men hehnn, answer me o are you deaf!!!"

I drew closer to her ready to bite, but the powerful voice of my husband stopped me from unleashing hell on her.
"Leave her alone for now, it's already late, by tomorrow we'll handle it. " he appeared from behind with sleepy eye.

It was obvious he had dozed off while making calls to friends and family, the poor man had refused to eat till she was found.

I hissed and sat down back on the chair, eyeing her  as she timidly made her way upstairs to her room sobbing.

Just as I was about to turn on the tv to distract myself; i heard her dad say something  which I had never thought he would ever say to her
" I am disappointed in you ..."

***Hi guys, so I was out for a while but I'm back now. pls don't forget to vote and refer to your friends, would love to hear from you in the comment section, bye.***