#19

Naomi's pov
Its been three days since Saturday  and every scheme and plan I had played to get that phone from him had failed.

I stared on in defeat at my dad while he texted away on his phone as if to spite me.
Probably chatting with one of his girlfriends? I imagined, feeling bitter inside.

Mom joined us in the living room. And as always sitting beside her "loyal" husband while I sat opposite them. We looked like your average african family, watching tv and in love with one another.  Except that no one was actually watching the TV and the only feeling i felt at the moment was denial. Denial of the truth I didn't want to believe.

Something seemed off as I stared on at my dad's hands while he texted away. Suddenly i realised what it was

"Dad, your wedding ring ?"

He looked at his hands in awe. I could see the colour drain from his face but quickly getting himself, he replied.

"Oh I put it off for a while my dear."

"I thought you're never suppose to take it off. " i continued interrogating.

"Teddy bear, daddy had to take it off at the airport, I must have forgotten to..."

"Abi you took it off so you can toast all those small small girls." mum cut in cheesely.

"Ah you know you're the one for me. "

He leaned closer to her and planted a kiss on her cheek. She brushed him off playfully, but he kept trying to plant more kisses while she tried to dodge. They continued their little game for a while before he finally replied.

"Alright teddy will you help me get it, I must have left it the car somewhere."

"Alright daddy." I got up lazying my way to the door.

He quickly added,
"Also bring my other samsung i'm charging it downstairs."

I practically ran to his car, felt around the cabinet for his ring. In no time I was in his room, ring my my pocket and about to go through his phone. I knew i couldn't waste too much time.

I typed in the password but it showed "Incorrect password, try again."  My heart skipped a beat.

Had he realised that I went through his phone the first time and changed his password? No, that's not possible. I had been very careful. Or maybe I had misspelt it because I was in a hurry.

I tried again once more  and it opened. I needed to be careful so as not to make any mistakes or leave traces. I quickly reduced his phone volume so it wouldn't ring out incase a call came in.

I opened up his WhatsApp. The name "mi love" still sent chills down my spine.  It seemed they had chatted already since the last time. I read his last chat with her

Dad: baby, I missed you too.

Dad: don't worry I'll be back by weekend I'm almost done with  business here

Business here? — could it be that he is also decieving her and she didn't know he had another family? That couldn't be possible, but then it would explain why he took his wedding ring off. I needed to be sure.

I clicked open her profile picture expecting to see the worst but what I saw wasn't anything I expected at all. She appeared to be your average middle age woman. She looked very beautiful. Her white skin had such a captivating creamy shine and it brought out her slender body but that wasn't what caught my attention the most.

I couldn't stop staring at the young boy beside her,  who looked so much like my dad, although he was also white skinned like her but there was an obvious resemblance with my dad.

I did my best not to panick, I needed to think things through. I quickly scrolled through his other texts to make sure there wasn't any other lady

Good, there wasnt. I couldn't shake off the idea of my dad having another family, if that was true I'll never forgive him for betraying us this way. I locked his phone and went up  the stairs back to the living room.

" What took you so long " he becoked to me as I approached him placing the ring and phone on his hands, doing my best to keep a straight face and hiding my emotions within.

I sat on the sofa, lost in thought over how to go about the whole  situation. He suddenly sat up straight.

"Did you open my phone ?"

I shuddered. Did I make a mistake? No. I increased the volume back and everything else was in order. There was no way he could know.

"Hmmm no.."I answered stuttering.

"Don't lie to me." his voice sounded angry.

"What's going on." Mom looked lost at the sudden change in mood.

Dad adjusted his hand to her face so she could see the screen of his phone.

"Well, i have an app installed that takes picture whenever a wrong password is typed just incase someone tries to hack my phone."

He turned over to face me again. This time his eyes showed red.

"Naomi I'm going to ask you one more time and I don't want lies. What did you do with my phone?"