#26~completed~🌺

Jimmy's pov

The crowd went wild as we finished the song.  "Never enough." A song from the movie the greatest showman.

I could see my parents clapping from their seats. My mom looked proud of me.
But my mind wasn't really on all that.

I hadn't talked to Ella yesterday. She had to go home after I stood her up. Thank God she didn't ask where I was,  because there was no way I could tell her I was with Kelly. Even though it was just a conversation, I knew how she'll react.

I looked at her from the stage, she wasn't even paying attention to the event. She just looked lost at the table. I wondered what was going through her mind.

Awards were presented to the graduating students and I bagged 4 out of 6 of them. And as the head boy I gave the final speech for the event. I appreciated everyone. Every single one of my teachers and also my parents. I promised to always keep doing my best to reach the top and bring glory to the school.

Few moments later we were done with the VS, which ended faster than i expected. It was time for the after party.  I quickly went over to my table to drop my awards and say goodbye to my parents. They thought we were all just going to hang out in a mall or something. My mom quickly shoved a bit of cash into my hands incase i needed to buy anything.

By the time they were gone I turned to Ella who was still lost in thought as she sat on the chair.

I sat beside her and asked.
"May I? "  She looked at me confused.

"Huh?"

I teased on. "May I approach your lordship?"

"Mtcheww" she sighed jokingly.

I laughed "it's true now. Make I no go chop slap na "

She looked down "I'm sorry, I'll expl—"

"Oga how fa na, how movement " leo dropped in from behind with a few of my classmates.

"Omo I'll catch up to you guys"
Leo stared at us for a few moment. Me first then her then winked at me, before parading off with the other guys. I didn't exactly know what he meant by that but I knew it wasn't anything good.

I noticed she was a bit uneasy.
"Do you want to talk somewhere private." She nodded.

Since today was a free day, most of the classes were empty. And often times the doors were always left open incase a need came for a class to be used .

As we approached one of the classrooms it dawned on me that although I had brought her here so she could be comfortable to talk, it also meant that we were alone and things could happen. I wondered if she was also thinking the same thing.  I pushed away all the other thoughts coming to my mind I needed to focus on what was making her act strange recently.

We sat besides each other.  I did my best not to make the situation awkward, it was obvious she was avoiding eye contact. I was taken aback by how beautiful she looked even in low light and simpe clothing. 

Her ability to draw the attention of everyone around her to herself was one of the reasons I fell for her in the first place.

  "Promise me? " She began.

Ella's pov

"Promise me you'll never tell anyone?" He looked a bit startled.

I was finally going to tell someone about this. The memories i had suppressed and pretended never happened. It was time to finally open up to someone. The real reason why I couldn't be back with kelly was not because I hated her but each time i saw her, it reminded me of that night I didn't want to remember. I wanted to forget.

"Ella, are you okay?" Jimmy called me back to reality.

I wanted to speak up but words failed me. I wanted to tell him everything but I didn't know where to begin. I didn't know how he'll look at me after this. I didn't want him to see me as some pity case, some broken down toy that needs fixing.

"If you don't want to talk about. it's fine you don't have to—"

"I was raped." The words came out as more of a whisper but it was loud enough for him to hear.

Silence.

"That day I...got lost."  I could barely  hear my voice but I kept on speaking anyways.

I imagined what was going through his mind as i spoke.  "I got raped by some.."
Memories came flashing back to me but i kept on going.

"Stop" he shrieked.

"I'm sorry!! I'm sorry!!" I kept  apologizing.  I didn't know why but I just kept on saying it.

He grabbed me into a hug. Something i needed.

"You're fine now Ella, no one's going to hurt you anymore. I'm so sorry you had to go through that." His words sounded so comforting. For the first time in a long time I felt a bit of relief.

As we hugged, I could smell the fragrance of his perfume. It was very  captivating. I felt the temperature of the room rise. Somehow everything just seemed to be going slomo. Maybe I was imagining things and it was all in my head.  We stared at each other's eyes for a while then I got shy and  removed my gaze.

He teased "May i?"  I couldn't stop myself from laughing.  Trust jimmy to change my mood all of a sudden. He knew I needed to get my mind off the whole thing and he didn't push for more details. he really understood me and that was what I liked about him.

I knew I was about to have my first kiss. I was stuck between fear and excitement.

He leaned in. Staring into my eyes in that moment. As we kissed I made up my mind never to let my past stop me anymore. I knew I could trust him, he'll never tell anyone about this.  I was going to do my best to to be happy and for now my happiness was in jimmy.

*** Hi guys, so we've come to the end of vol 1. Hope you enjoyed it😘  I remember when the idea of this book first came out, I was having a sitdown talk with my girls kelly, Ella, Naomi and some other lovely girls.
The goal of this book is to share the funny, sad, loving  experiences of all the stuffs girls go through, cus really you'all go through alot. Oh and yeah I'm a guy 😅I get it alot that I write like a girl, thanks🌺. I specially want to thank everyone who liked, referred and commented this book. Big shout-out to all the ladies who shared their stories with me, I hope I potrayed them well🙏.  Pls if you have an experience you'll like to share with the world. Just send me a DM with the hashtag #fromthicktothin. I love you all❤️. Watch out this space for vol 2🌠P.S they'll be in SS3. ***

Jimmy's pov

As we kissed I really didn't know what I was doing so i just let me body lead.
Somehow my gaze shifted to the window.

There seemed to be an object Peering out from it. The light was off so I couldn't be sure. As I stared on at the figure in the darkness, it looked like less of an object and more of a person. Was someone eavesdropping? I looked more closely. Yes, I was correct. Someone was hiding behind the windows. The figure seemed to have noticed it had been caught. As it quickly darted away. Colour drained out of my face as I jerked back. Ella looked at me in confusion. She had her back to the window so she had no idea what was happening.
All that ran through my head was the fact that Someone had caught us kissing but more importantly someone else knew Ella's secret....

Bye👋 #oikodome🌺 ...I'm back