#14

Naomi's pov
I couldn't believe my eyes,  dad was finally home. It had been almost two months since I last saw him.

"Daddy!" I screamed as I flung my self at him.

Something brushed against my hair as I grabbed his tall figure. I looked up and noticed what it was.

"Daddy, you have grown your beards."

"Yes dear, do you like it?" He smiled grinning at me.

My dad was one of those new age, cool fathers who liked to keep up to trends, probably because he travelled alot,  plus he also had a ripped body even at his age. He was a little over fourty.  But my mom on the other hand, who tried her best to be updated but you could still see that she was a typical ijebu woman. For example, how she pronounces "whatsapp" as "wazup".  My people would say, you can take John from the village but you can't take the village from John.

If only my dad stayed home more often, always on one business trip or the other.

"Mum what do you think?"

I asked, drawing her into the conversation. She seemed completely uninterested with the topic at hand.

"Hmm it's nice."she replied dryly

"Daddy o you have even added weight sef."

I taunted him. Knowing fully well he didn't. If anything, he looked more slender, and knowing my dad, he played along.

"Ah please leave me o, na fat I fat I no kill person."

See what I mean...

"Teddy bear, I heard there's a new restaurant around, do you think we should go check it out?  "

I was so excited, I didn't even wait to give him a reply  before I rushed up stairs to put on something more appropriate for the outing, but he beckoned to me with his deep husky voice.

"Darling, please bring my phone from my room."

"Alright sir."

I rushed to my room and put on my new Gucci top. Today would be a good day to gucci it up, see what I did there.

As I got dressed, I wondered why my mother acted so cold. She hadn't smiled or contributed to the conversation ever since my dad showed up, and she usually gets excited about going out and things like this. Oh well i guess she's just tired.

I put on my white snickers but took it off. I didn't want them to get stained before we got to the venue. So i wore a slippers instead and put the snickers into one of my bags.

I go to my dad's room wondering why my parents had different rooms in the first place, it seemed like a lot of stress to me. I grabbed his phone from the bed, but at that same moment he got a notification.

Was it the bright lights emitting from the screen of the phone that caught my attention, or the mere fact that I was a teenager with an adult's phone in her hands, maybe I was just curious, which ever one it was, If I had known how this moment would turn my world upside down, I would have just minded my business.

It was a text from someone he saved as "mi love" I thought to myself, could it be my mom? no, he had always saved her name as Ife mi. so who was this strange "mi love".  Curiosity got the best of me but I couldn't see the text because his phone was locked.

Unknown to him and my mom, I actually knew the passwords to all their phones. They thought they had been sharp in hiding it but I was sharper.  Knowing your parents password is childhood 101, using their hotspot without them knowing is 102.

I typed in the password, hoping that he hadn't changed it while he was away. luckily for me, he hadn't.

I switched open his WhatsApp or as my mom would say  "wazup" lol.  The message was the first one on his chat list,  it read:
Baby I miss you already
With a love emoji....

***I know I usually drop two chapters at a go. Got a little hungup but I'll drop the second later  today or tomorrow***