Part One - Adam POV

Adam POV:
As I was putting my stuff in my locker at the district in the morning, Kim came over to talk to me. "Hey, so, do you want to get drinks tonight at Molly's after work?" she asks. I want to respond yes to her. After everything she's been through, I want to keep being there for her, but I have moved on with my life. I found an amazing girl. "I can't. I'm moving in with Sara tonight" I responded. Sara and I have been discussing moving in for months now.
"Oh, okay. So, when do we get to meet her?" Kim said curiously. I never thought about it. No one in Intelligence has met her. Intelligence is a tight group. We know pretty much everything about everyone.
"I don't know. She has a busy work schedule and four kids. She doesn't really get a lot of free nights."
"Okay, well, I hope it's before the wedding."
She threw me off guard with that. How did she know?
She added, "I saw the ring last Wednesday when you were putting your stuff in your locker. When are you going to ask her?". I stood there frozen for a bit.
My mind is so off balance now. I really wasn't going to tell anyone until I gave an invite to everyone. After losing the baby with Kim, it was hard moving on, but I got back out there and started seeing other people.
I finally responded, "Tonight". I know it's kinda sudden, but I really love this girl. She makes me really happy.
Kim's face went blank. I think I shocked her too much, but little does she know I have more news coming.