Part 54

Hailey POV:

It's been a few months since I was moved back into Intelligence on desk duty. As always, Jay is on my butt about managing diabetes, blood sugar and insulin. Today, we went to Dr.Fisher for an ultrasound and checkup after work.

Dr. Fisher: How is everything?

Hailey: Good. I've just been having a lot of pregnancy pain.

Dr. Fisher: To be expected. I would be concerned if you weren't. Managing diabetes?

Hailey: Yep. I've been checking my blood sugar like crazy.

Dr. Fisher: Glad to hear it. Well, I just want to do an ultrasound to look at growth and then we should be done.

Hailey: Okay.

Fisher gets out his ultrasound stuff. He squirts the gel on me and starts looking.

Fisher: Okay, that's baby number one and that's baby number two. Do we want to know the genders?

Jay: Yes. We have a bet right now and I'm ready to collect.

Hailey: You mean for me to collect?

Fisher was quiet. She's never quiet.

Fisher: Let me go get a fetal echocardiogram.

Fisher leaves the room. I'm concerned. She looked concerned. After what seemed like a long wait, she comes back with another doctor, Dr. Ridges. He takes a look with the fetal echocardiogram. They discuss a little between themselves. They split out medical words that don't make sense. They finally share their findings.