Part 4

Sara POV:

Hank Voight, what a man. I haven't seen him in years. Back in the day, he would have to force me off of bar stools and take my fake ID when I was 15. I'd always get a new one, but the last time was the last time. I'm sober now since I had my first kid.

I've cleaned up now. I have four kids and one on the way with a guy that I'm actually in a stable relationship with and a new job. I'm a freakin' doctor so life really couldn't be going better. Well, I'm a medical examiner, but it's still a doctor. I'm basically a doctor for the dead.

Hank called me one night to tell me that the new district superintendent is letting him assign a medical examiner to the team and I was his first choice. Of course I jumped at the opportunity. The only downside is I would have to work with Hailey and Kim. I'm more concerned about Kim than anyone because I'm the new chick dating and having a baby with her almost baby daddy and former lover. Yeah, complicated and awkward.

Adam isn't too worried about it. He's just worried about moving in with me and my four kids. My kids haven't seen me with anyone else except with their now deceased father so they are attached to Adam. They are excited to have a new sibling and Adam moving in. I guess it's just scarier moving in with a girl and her family than a girl who hasn't had any kids.

I can't say that Adam is the love of my life. That would be my deceased husband. He was in the army Rangers. He died a couple years ago. However, the only thing I can do is move on.

I walked out of Voight's office to go arrange my office at the lab.