Part 7

Vanessa POV:

While finishing up paperwork, Kevin and I were texting each other at our desk even though we were in the same room. We started a low-key thing not too long ago. He texted me that he wants me to come by after work for drinks. I agreed. Workplace relationships are probably not a great idea, but it's just drinks. After a while, we got a Jane Joe found at an abandoned shipping yard. We begin to investigate the scene. All is normal until some lady interrupts our investigation. "Please don't mess with the body. I like to see how it was when it died, '' the lady interrupts. The lady is in a white coat with a blouse. The whole team looks up at the lady as we surround Jane Doe. She puts her bag down and puts on gloves. I guess she's an ME, but I've never seen her around. "Hey, miss, this is our scene" I try to say not so rude. She responds, "Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. Upton. Dr. Sara Upton''. Upton? Hailey never told me about her. We live together. I'd figure she would tell me about her. The team looks really confused except for Adam. Why Adam? Adam stands next to Sara as she is investigating the victim. She continues, "I'm the team's assigned ME''. Her story seems legit. She's got the coat, the bag and the badge on the side of her bag. She carries on with her investigation. Hailey finally says something after all of us staring at her confused.