Part 26

Adam's POV:

A few hours go by. The whole team has all met and held the new baby. Sara's kids are with a babysitter at home. Sara slowly wakes up. The team is in the room.

Adam: Hey beautiful.

Sara: Umm, what happened?

Adam: You had the baby.

Sara: What?

Adam: It's a boy.

Sara: What? I wasn't due for another couple of weeks. Where is he?

Kim turns around. She's holding the baby. Kim hands him off to her.

Sara: Aww.

Sara starts crying.

Adam: Hey, what's wrong?

She continues to cry.

The team gets the memo and clears the room.

Sara: I always thought I was going to be the first one to hold him. Instead, I wake up to your ex-fiancee holding him. It's just perfect.

Adam: I'm sorry. The whole team just wanted to meet him. They're family to me.

Sara: I get it. It's just really hard to see your husband's ex-fiancee holding my baby that hasn't been able to hold yet.

Adam: I'm sorry. I get it, but we have talked about this a thousand times, she's a good friend and will always be a part of my life.

Sara: I know and I've respected that, but at the end of the day, we are married and we have children together. I need you more than ever. I just don't want your friendship with her getting in the way of our family.

Adam: When has it ever?

Sara: When you're out drinking late at night with her.

Adam: That was only a few times. Every single night, other than those few nights, that I'm not working, I'm with the kids while you're working.

Sara: Because this is Chicago. There's dead bodies every single night that I have to investigate. The bodies don't stop dropping once you're off the clock.

Adam: You were pregnant. You could have worked light duty.

Sara: No. I don't just dig through bodies all day. I bring closure to grieving parents and family members. You know I couldn't stop doing that.

Adam: Yeah, you could've. For the sake of this family. We almost lost you. You almost widowed me. You could have left the kids without a mother.

The whole team can hear our argument. It's not the first time this team has heard me argue with people.

If this was Kim, we would actually be enjoying the fact that we just had a child and not arguing.