Zippercut? (Chapter 7)

Chapter: Zippercut?

We left the hotel quickly. It was a little before noon, clouds covered the sky so it wasn't dreadfully hot, and I was making Li Qiang carry my suitcase. I had to almost guilt him into it.

'You're a big strong man, and I'm the "little girl," remember? So you HAVE to carry my suitcase!!!' I had said.

They all stopped abruptly. I rammed right into Li Cheng's backside and fell unto the ground. I got up and looked around him.

People were running away screaming and cars honked madly at the scene. A giant, many-legged serpentine creature without wings rumbled through the city of Beijing, kicking up clouds of grey dust taller than houses. On it's belly was a jagged and sharp-looking armor piece that stretched from head to tail. The beast was dark orange colored and had some various armor pieces a yellow color. It stopped in front of one of the many skyscrapers. In the pit of my stomach, I felt dark emotions stir that were not mine.

I grabbed Li Jie's sleeve and pointed at the creature. "What is it?"

"A zippercut. They're related to dragons, but much larger, have more limbs, and don't have any wings. What makes them different from the extremely similar creatures running around in South and North America is well, neither have wings, but the zippercuts have a peculiar habit of...wait, its going to do it..." Li Jie paused.

The armor sticking out from the creature's belly turned from yellow to an electric blue. A loud audible hum begin to be emitted from the armor spike. The zippercut begun running up the side of the building in a diagonal, dragging the belly spike into the building, effectively cutting it up.

The dark urged in me got stronger and stronger. The creature bothered the strange darkness inside me physically. I felt ill.

Li Cheng noticed. "Savanna, are you okay?"

"No. The zippercut needs to be stopped. I'm going after it." I begun to run in the direction of the zippercut, intending to kill it.