Stranger in a mask

Aralyn

A masquerade party was to be held tonight, with guests all over England invited to join the magnificent occasion. The dress code is anything formal, dresses and suits to specify. And of course, a mask. People have been hyped for this, buying dresses or making their own. They all come with their significant other, or their relatives and friends.

One woman in particular wasn't so excited to come, as she was being forced by her friend to go. Catherine of Aragon to be specific, she watched as her friend - Jane, babble about how excited she is to meet someone and have fun at the party. " Why should we go? We can just spend the night here...use our phones and watch a movie. " she suggested, despite knowing Jane wouldn't be persuaded as she had been talking about the party for days on end.

" Don't you get it, Cath? " Jane let out a happy sigh, plopping down beside Catherine on her bed. The girl groaned in annoyance. " Events like these don't often happen! This is like, once in a blue moon type of thing! "

" You're exaggerating. " She responded, shaking her head at her friends words. Jane had always dreamed of meeting someone and having a family.

Jane took that as an insult. " I am not! "

Catherine laughed, she got up and went towards her dress that was hanging on display. The dress went up to her ankles, with beads engraved on both sides on it. It was colored black with tinges of yellow, it was sleeveless, but it came with a pair of long gloves. The mask was decorated with pearls on each end, whilst the main color was black with tinges of a dull yellow. She had to admit, her dress was beautiful.

" I'm not gonna do anything else besides sit around and make sure you don't get drunk or kidnapped. That's all, alright? " Catherine said, not taking her eyes off the dress. Jane bought it just for her, and the least Catherine could do was come with her.

Jane opened her mouth to protest, she wanted Catherine to have a little fun. " Yeah, but at least have a little fun. Please? "

Catherine shrugged. " Let's see. "

" Come on, let's get ready! " Jane cried excitedly, grabbing Catherine's hand and pulling her close.

" The party starts in five hours? " Catherine raised an eyebrow, she never understood why girls had to take so long to get ready. If anything, they could get ready an hour before the party.

" Yeah! We barely have any time to get ready- "

" How do we barely have time to get ready? "

" We need to be fully prepped! We have to get our hair ready, we need to paint our nails, we need to wash our face and shave if we have to! We need to look amazing for tonight. "

Catherine groaned, this is gonna be the worst five hours of her life..

In another part of England, there were two girls also getting ready for tonight's party. They go by the names of Katherine and Anne, the two girls are cousins and have been living together for about three years.

" I can't wait to eat all the food there, " Katherine grinned, she had been thinking about all the different kinds of food. Much to Anne's surprise, she expected her cousin to be excited about something else.