Ashes

TW: self harm

Req by: queenMary_I

A faint smell of fire began to travel, slowly creeping under the small gap beneath the door and the floor, and soon sweeping into Mary's room, the young woman immediately noticed the scent. She took a moment to process it, simply admiring the jewels that she wore on her fingers and neck. A small smile appearing on her lips, until the smell of fire began to grow stronger.

"What in the God's name is happening?" she questioned herself, standing up slowly and brushing off any dust that landed on her simple grey dress. The woman remained calmed and poised, not wanting to start panicking in case it is nothing but a simple false alarm.

She then continued to walk towards her door, she yelped as she felt a burning sensation right near her dress. She looked down in a panic, seeing that there was fire beginning to flare up on the rich red carpet she stood on.

In just a few mere seconds, the fire continued to grow stronger, slowly inching its way to every corner of her room. "Help!" she cried out, tears stinging her face as she began to inhale the smoke out of fear and panic.

She ran towards her window, in hopes she'd be able to jump out, but instead the fire caught up, it's burning flames flaring up and blocking her path to any sort of escape.

"God.. Help me.." She whispered, voice trembling as she kneeled down, praying to her Heavenly Father for help.

Soon stood a figure, no, a woman right across where she is. Mary's eyes widened, there her mother stood, her back facing Mary. "Mother! Save me!" she cried, coughing as her vision was engulfed by smoke. "Mother!" she cried once more.

The woman who she thought was her mother slowly began to turn around, revealing young and beautiful Anne Boleyn with a twisted smile on her face. Her dark brown hair swaying side to side as the fire roared.

That witch.

She laughed, as if she were insane. The flames continuing to grow closer to Mary as the girl desperately tried to avoid the fire at any costs. She looked back at Anne, who continued to laugh.

"Stop!" Mary begged, crying as the fire leaped onto her dress, burning it quickly.

"Help!" Mary screamed, staring at Anne with desperation laced in her eyes, but she only continued to laugh.

Mary began to scream in agony as the fire touched her sensitive skin, hitting every nerve, causing screams of pain to shoot out Mary's mouth.

"HELP!"

Mary woke up with a jolt, tears stinging the corners of her eyes as her breathing became heavy in an instant. Her entire body began to tremble as flashbacks of her past life began to replay once more, her heart began to race as all the unwanted memories began to flood in. She pulled on her hair, tears beginning to fall down her eyes as she tried to calm herself down.

She found herself hyperventilating, but she couldn't calm herself. All she could think of was that nightmare. She's had lots of nightmares before this.. But this time..It just.. Felt so real. It felt like she was really back at the palace, it felt like Anne was really there.. Laughing like the witch she was.