Chapter Two: Why hello there

The dark haired boy chuckled as he spoke once more, "now tell me dollface, whats a pretty little thing like you doing out wandering all by yourself?" "Well hello to you too, and It's not dollface. My name is Laurel" I shakily responded. What should I do? Run? No he would easily catch me with his sporty little car, and then we might have a problem. The boy looked into my eyes as he reached over and popped open the passenger side door while he motioned for me to get in the car. I don't even know who I'm dealing with here! I cautiosly laughed as I replied, "what, you think I'm just going to get into the car with a stranger for no reason and go to a remote location? You're crazy. I'm not that dumb for a country girl." I said as I pushed the door shut. He rolled his eyes as he said, "c'mon I can't let someone like you get away from me that easily without even trying to at least catch a date right? Give me a chance. I'm Dandy" I put a hand on my hip, "and I'm Greedy." He smiled mischieviously an said, "haha very funny miss. It's short for Daniel. Daniel Mott, but you can call me Dandy." I narrowed my eyes at him. "How do I know I can trust you?" He re-opened the door by my side. "You can trust me, I promise."  I looked back behind me at the circus tent in the distance, and decided that it would probably be best if I didn't go.  I was in a strange city talking to a strange boy I hardly knew, and I would be leaving without telling my brother, which could be a disaster (he had always been overly protective of me).  We had already eaten today anyways not too long ago.  "Nice try, and thanks for the offer, but I think I had better pass. My brother will be looking for me, and I ate my lunchtime meal not too long ago."  I closed the door again.  Dandy looked upset as he grimly replied, "Alright.  But you should know, dollface, that I always get what I want."  He slowly pulled forward and turned his car around as he cranked the window back up, but not before I heard him faintly holler, "I hate you I hate you I hate you!" 

        I shivered at the sound of his sinister words. God, he was attractive, but how could I have gone with him? It would have been a bad choice to get in the car, I know, but he was just so alluring. His slicked-back hair, his bold jawline, and he surely had a gorgeous smile, which wasn't half bad to look at. I sighed as I made my way back through the door into Jimmy's trailer, only to be greeted by the sound of a girl moaning as Jimmy pinned her to the bed and trailed kisses up her neck and across her jaw.  Neither one of them had noticed me standing in the doorway yet as I giggled softly. Then, Jimmy shifted his body so I was able to see who he was getting touchy with, only to see not one girl, but two. Technically. Their names were Bette and Dot, and they were twin sisters who each had their own head, but shared the same body.  Jimmy ran his deformed fingers up and downt their arms, trailing his hands in one's hair while he nibbled the other girl's ear. "Ahem" I cleared my throat so Jimmy would know I was there. My brother instantly flipped over so he was facing me, and I laughed as he stood up and attempted to fix his toussled hair. "I um... this is Bette and Dot... we were just... um... I didn't know you were back yet." I laughed as I punched him in the arm and told him to calm down.  Bette and Dot each kissed Jimmy on the apples of his cheeks as the stepped out into the cool evening air outside, shutting the caravan door behind them as they left.  I then began to consider whether or not I should tell Jimmy about the encounter I had today alongside the road as we stared eachother down in the dim light that poured in through the blinds of the window.  I was about to speak and tell my brother about Dandy, but for some reason I stopped myself and I decided against it.  I had been overcome with a feeling that it was a private matter, and for now, it would just be best if I kept it to myself.

        After eating dinner, I decided to finally pay the fortune teller, Miss Maggie Esmerelda, a visit to see if she would bring up anything about that strange Dandy kid.  I gently knocked three times on the door to her trailer as I heard heels clacking as the door creaked on it's hinges as she swung it open.  I was greeted by a smiling Maggie as she led me inside and to an old, worn out couch without saying a word.  I saw down on the raggedy cushions as I took in the scenery around her caravan she had.  There were several patterns and rows of different tarot cards pinned to the walls with tacks.  Beads hung sparsely in the entryway to the bedroom, and incense burned on the table in front of me, wafting the scent of jasmine and clove into the dank air around us.  Miss Esmerelda pulled out a wooden chair across the table from me as she spoke, "so, I assume you're here for a reading.  Laurel, is it?"  I nodded as she instantly closed her eyes, and rested her small hands on the large green glass globe that sat on the pedestal atop the counter between us.  A stillness fell over the room.  The only sound to be heard was the pop of the incense wick every few seconds, and I was nervous to even break the pure silence by breathing.  "I see clouds, which may represent the happiness you feel presently, but they will soon fade, and I can feel the tides moving and shifting against you.  There will be a storm, a great tsunami will come and turn your world around in the not too distant future.  You will be faced with challenges and you will be trialed with overcoming them sucessfully in order to find a happy lifestyle.  There will also be great decisions to make, and they will take time to fully understand the true potential they can bring out in you to shine your light upon those less fortunate.  Remember to wear the armor as you go into battle or you will bleed out."  She finished speaking as I huffed with wide eyes.  What in the hell does that mean?  Shifting tides?  Happy lifestyle?  Those less fortunate?  Although I wasn't sure of anything I had just been told during my visit to Maggie the fortune teller's trailer, I did learn that I was going to be faced will difficult tasks soon, and I would need to be prepared, no matter what the cost may be.