Chapter Three: Not so fast

The following day, after thoughtfully pondering what Maggie had told me, I decided to take my mind off of things by helping Jimmy to get ready for the show tonight.  I straightened out his bowtie as he finished combing back his hair.  He smiled down at me and I pulled him in close for a hug as I inhaled the scent of his strong new cologne he purchased before I arrived.  I missed this whole brother-sister bonding thing we had.

I took a seat near the front of the crowd so I could easily see Jimmy doing his thing onstage.  The lights dimmed, and I realized that there were hardly any other people watching from the crowd along with me.  Dramatic music began to play as I heard footsteps behind me.  A man walked down the row of chairs where I was sitting, and sat in the hard plastic chair right next to mine.  I slowly turned my head to look at him, only to see Dandy staring at me and smiling with his perfect teeth that could make any girl go weak in the knees.  I batted my eyelashes as he leaned close and whispered, "after the show, how about we go out on that dinner date we talked about yesterday afternoon."  I pulled away and nodded fiercely.  He was really cute... I'm sure Jimmy wouldn't mind, right?

After the show ended, Dandy laced my fingers with his as he led me out of the tent and into the cool night air.  I suddenly stopped and said as Dandy was approaching the little blue convertible, "hold on, I need to go grab my coat to cover my arms."  I turned on my heels in the gravel and ran back to Jimy's caravan where he was getting changed.  He must be tired after the show.  I quietly pushed my head through the doorway and saw that he was already fast asleep on his little pull-out couch.  I giggled to myself.  So much for bunking with Paul tonight.  I grabed my coat off of the back of a wooden chair as I silently pulled the door closed behind me.  I was almost glad Jimmy wasn't awake to question me and where I was going... I wasn't exactly sure how he would have reacted to me running off with a boy I hardly knew. 

Dandy was already waiting for me in his car when I reached for the door.  I scooted onto the fancy leather seat as I pulled the seatbelt tight across my chest and buckled it into the clasp.  I looked over to see if Dandy was ready to go, only to find him staring at me with an almost scary carnal desire.  His pupils were dialated like a lion watching a gazelle.  His hair fell in his face as he sat, grimly staring into my eyes, not even moving a muscle as I willed myself to breathe.  I snapped my fingers in front of his face as he shook his head and refocused on the steering wheel.  "Right.." he said under his breath.  I shivered with nerves as he slowly turned around int he dirt and made his way towards town.  I could see the lights from the main road as cars drove lazily past as the sun went down over the horizon.  Suddenly, Dandy took a sharp left onto an unmarked road that began to lead into a forested area.  My eyes widened.  I knew I shouldn't have trusted him.  "Dandy... Where are we going...?"  He looked in my direction as a smile crept across his face.  No reply.  I looked out my window as I noticed that Dandy had locked the car doors.  Oh god no. 

We continued to drive for 15 more minutes as nothing new came into sight.  I was about to drift off, praying that this was all just some terrible nightmare, when we came to a huge mansion beyond the forested tree line.  Dandy pulled his car around the circular drive as he came to a halt right outside of the front door.  The key was pulled out of the engine as he unlocked the doors to the car.  I reached over to the handle, just when Dandy appeared outside my window.  He popped the door open with ease as he took my hand.  I was shaking and my palms were getting moist as I made my way up the steps to what I assumed was his home.  Dandy opened the door and flicked on a light.  My voice waivered as I spoke, "Oh, I didn't know we would be eating in your home... It's lovely."  I complimented.  He looked down at me as he snaked an arm around my waist, and the other on the back of my neck.  Myy breath caught in my throat as he said, "Oh, resteraunts have no privacy for us to get to know eachother.  When we are here, we will have so much more fun."  He gave me a grim smile as I knew the truth behind his words, and I finally realized what was going to happen very soon... and I wished I was back at the freakshow with Jimmy right about now.