||two||

°soonyoung°

i grabbed her hand while she layed on the hospital bed, unconscious. "she'll be okay, right?"

wonwoo nodded, "she'll be fine. you heard the doctor"

"what's wrong with her?" i sighed. "she's a healthy girl"

"she'll be fine, soonyoung" wonwoo smiled slightly. "there's nothing hana cha can't handle"

i nodded before averting my gaze back to hana. i let go of her hand and caressed her soft cheek.

a smile crept it's way onto my lips as I watched hana.

her eyes fluttered open.

"good morning— afternoon to you too, miss hana" i greeted her making her almost instantly smile.

"HANA!" wonwoo ran towards us as hugged hana.

i swatted him away playful, "give hana some air, she literally blacked out"

"i surprisingly feel fine" hana said as she sat up. her eyes suddenly widened causing both wonwoo and i to panic again.

"why? why? why? what's wrong, should we call the nurse?"

"hana? are you okay? will you faint again?"

"the vomit in my bathroom" she softly said. "my bathroom is going to smell so bad when i get home!" she whined and wriggled on her hospital bed.

wonwoo and i sighed then looked at each other.

"hana-yah, can i borrow your pillow for a while?" i asked.

she nodded and handed me her pillow. i quickly yet carefully smacked her face with the soft pillow.

"hey!" she glared at me. "what was that for?"

i rolled my eyes at her.

both wonwoo and i's phone's notification bell went off at the same time. i opened the message and it was our leader, seungchol.

seungchol
vernon sprained his ankle.
we need to practice without him
and work on formations for
our evaluation tomorrow.
dance studio thirty minutes.
dont worry, we wont take long

i looked at wonwoo who carried the same annoyed expression.

"same text?" i asked and he nodded.

i sighed and looked at hana.

"you two need to go?" she asked sadly and we nodded. she smiled warmly, "you go, I'm sure it's important"

"thanks, hana" wonwoo got up and gave her a hug. "we'll bring you back some clothes"

"we wont take long, i promise. we'll come back in an hour, okay?" i said and approached her. i pulled her into a tight hug and planted a kiss on top of her head.

The pink tint on her cheeks didnt go unnoticed. I chuckled and pat her head before heading out with wonwoo.

°hana°

not long after they left, the nurse and a doctor came in.

"how are you feeling, hana? I'm doctor han" the doctor said.

"I'm feeling well, surprisingly" i replied.

"so we're going to give you an emergency x ray since your boyfriend told me that you coughed up blood, am i right?"

Boyfriend? umm, i wish.

"h-he's not my boyfriend" i looked down in embarassment.

The doctor laughed, "not yet. anyway! please follow us to the x ray room"

The procedure was weirdly fast, they just had me lay down and they slid me inside a tube looking thing. I felt as if i was in a movie.

I was brought back to my hospital room and after thirty minutes or so, the doctor came back with my results.

she looked confused, making me uneasy.

"doctor han, dont you think you should be a little less sad looking if I'm going to die? i mean, at least lie and tell me i have a chance to live"

her eyes widened before she burst into laughter, "i've been a doctor for five years now, but i have never met a patient as frank as you"

oh shit, she didn't deny my assumption of dying.

i tilted my head in curiosity.

she then stopped laughing and sighed. "you have been throwing up petals, am i right?"

i nodded slowly.

"there are flowers in your lungs, hana"

i furrowed my brows, "is that even a thing?"

"how long have you been vomiting these petals, blood, or vomiting in general"

"hmm" i crossed my arms, as if it's going to help me think. "two months ago, i started to constantly have the difficulty to breath. i started coughing up petals a month ago and i only started vomiting the mixture of blood and petals a week ago"

The doctor nodded and sighed. "have you ever heard of the hanahaki disease?"

i shook my head as a no.

"the victim of unrequited love will begin to cough up or vomit out petals of a flowering plant that grows inside their lungs"

my eyes widened, "thats sounds pretty fictional to me, doctor"

"oh yes, it does. but it exists, hana. in fact, only one out of ten million people experience hanahaki. I'm surprised you've never heard of it. it's in many fictional books"

i hugged my knees, anxious of what the doctor will say next.

"this is a personal question, hana, but do you perhaps love someone who doesn't love you back the way that you love them?"

wow, this doctor really be attacking me.

I took a deep breath before i mustered up my small courage to say a simple "yes"

"you don't have any disease, hana. your body is perfectly healthy yet you have flowers blooming in your lungs"

"so do i.."

"you have the hanahaki disease, hana"