||three||

i stared at the hospital wall, thinking about what the doctor had told me.

"the flower in your lungs will only continue to grow. if we don't remove it, you'll die"

"are there consequences if i do remove it?"

she nodded, "your feelings for that person will disapear as well"

my eyes widened. "will they ever come back?"

she shook her head sadly, "I'm afraid not. you still have time to make him love you, hana"

"how much time do i have left before i.. you know, d i e" i spelled out the last word, not wanting to say the d word out loud.

"three weeks"

"he will love me" i took a deep breath. "i know he will"

will he really? or was i lying to myself once again.

i'm super stupid for not wanting the surgery, i know. but to lose my feelings for soonyoung? i'm not ready even though i've loved him for years.

loving soonyoung was beautiful. even though he didn't reciprocate the feelings, he was still always by my side.

i guess i just love the feeling of loving him.

"hanaaaaa" i heard a voice call as the hospital door opened.

i saw wonwoo but not soonyoung. slightly disappointed, i smiled anyway.

"took you long enough" i pouted. "where's soonyoung?"

"he's still in the studio, working his ass off like always"

I nodded.

"so did they find what's wrong with you?" he sat down on my bed, beside my legs.

i hesitated before i shook my head and smiled. "wonwoo"

"hmm?"

"do you think soonyoung would love me one day?"

"he does love you, what do you mean?" he raised a brow at me, making me chuckle.

if he did, i wouldn't be suffering like this.

"in a romantic way" i said.

his eyes widened, "you love soonyoung?"

"isn't it obvious?" i chuckled. "what am i thinking, he'll never love me the way i love him"

"he's seeing someone, hana" wonwoo said worriedly.

i hit him with my pillow and glared at him, "i know, you didn't have to rub it in"

He laughed and held both my arms. "but in all honesty, you're better than her. you're gorgeous plus you can sing and dance"

i sat properly then dramatically gasped. "did you just admit that I'm beautiful"

he flicked my forehead. "I'm still more beautiful than you"

i glared at him and took my phone to check the time.

6pm

"does my mom know I'm here?" i asked worriedly, hoping for no.

"oh shit, i forgot to tell your mother" he put a hand over his mouth.

"good, it'll stay that way" i smiled. "she has bigger things to worry about"

"okay but you have to promise me that the next time this happens, we're telling your mother" he sighed.

"did you bring my wallet?" i asked.

He shook his head.

"how the fuck do you think I'm going to pay the hospital bills, wonwoo?" i smacked the back of his head.

"i got it, okay?" he stood up. "I'll pay your bills"

"are you crazy?"

"don't worry, this is my punishment for not bringing your wallet. I'll be back. you should change into the clothes i brought you. that hospital gown doesn't really suit you"

wonwoo paid my hospital bills since he forgot to bring my wallet. i got dressed then we were able to leave. the doctor gave me his number so i would be able to text him if anything happened.

"wonwoo"

"hmm?"

"when is your debut?" i asked.

"next month, why?"

oh.

i might not be able to make it.

I smiled sadly and looked out of the window, "just know that I'm very proud of you and soonyoung. very, very, very proud"

"hey, did one trip to the hospital mess up your head?"

I chuckled and shook my head, "i just felt like saying it"

"i prepared a plastic bag in my bag, in case you suddenly get the need to vomit" he kept his eyes on the road.

I nodded.

thank you for everything, wonwoo