|| eight ||

wonwoo drove as fast as he could to the hospital with tears streaming down his face.

"NOT NOW, HANA. NOT NOW" he screamed, hoping hana only fainted.

he finally arrived in the hospital. he didnt even bother parking his car somewhere.

he stopped the car in front of the hospital. he quickly carried hana into the emergency room and screamed for a doctor.

"what happened?" hana's original doctor, doctor han rushed inside the emergency room. "bring her into the operating room"

hana was laid down on a stretcher and brought to a room.

"sir, you'll have to wait out here" doctor han stopped wonwoo from goong any further.

"w-will she be okay?" wonwoo shakily said.

doctor han sighed, "I'll do my best"

with that, wonwoo was left there. sobbing, a mess.

he called hana's mom and sat down on a chair. he was shaking, holding his own hand to refrain from screaming.

"why, hana? why? " he gripped his head and softly asked between cries. "why would you do this to yourself?"

he calmed himself down before he got his phone and dialed soonyoung's number.

"soonyoung, come to the waiting area of the operating room in the hospital. hana wants you here" wonwoo managed to calmly say.

~~~

soonyoung rushed onto his motorcycle and sped his way to the hospital.

is that why you said all those words?

he parked his motorcycle and ran inside. he went to the room they told him to go.

when he finally arrived, he saw two people. hana's mom and wonwoo.

hana's weeping mom was being hugged by wonwoo. wonwoo barely held his tears in as well.

soonyoung slowly stepped into the room and closed the door.

"soonyoung" wonwoo looked up and glared at soonyoung. something he never did before.

soonyoung slowly stepped forward, "what's happening?"

"hana is dying" wonwoo stood up and stomped towards soonyoung.

"wonwoo!" hana's mom held onto wonwoo but the boy was too strong.

"BECAUSE OF YOU" he threw a punch at soonyoung making him fall onto the floor, still puzzled. "YOU DID THIS TO HER!" wonwoo screamed and cried.

hana rushed towards wonwoo and hugged him. "don't blame soonyoungie, wonwoo. there's no one to blame"

"what.. what do you mean?" soomyoung furrowed his brows in confusion. "because of me? what's going on on?"

"she has hanahaki, soonyoung" hana's mother calmly explained. "she suffered from unrequited love"

"and you.. you couldn't even love her despite that. you didn't even convince her to get the surgery" wonwoo laughed bitterly. "you killed hana. you killed our bestfriend"

those words were enough to make soonyojng understand the situation. "i.. i didn't know"

"BULLSHIT"

"wonwoo yah.. please" hana's mother sat him back down. "it's not his fault"

althought soonyoung wanted to say something, no words came out of his mouth. it's as if he became mute all of a sudden.

i killed hana.

"that's why she went to meet me today" he whispered to himself. "it's my fault"

"soonyoung-ah, it's nobody's fault" hana's mother sighed as she approached the boy.

her mother felt torn but she had to be strong.

they were interrupted by the sound of the operating room door opening. doctor han walked into the waiting room with a glum look on her face.

"i'm sorry, hana didn't make it"

soonyoung felt his world lose color. it was as if a part of him had died.

everything went blank. he couldn't say nor hear anything. everything had become a blur.

hana was an important part of his life. hana had a special place in his heart that no one could ever replace.

why? why didn't you tell me, hana?

soonyoung put his hands on his left chest, gripping his heart. he felt like his heart was about to explode.

in soonyoung's sobs, you could hear his heart breaking. it was the kind of cry that was contagious.

he let go of his aching heart and cried into his hands. his tears flowed onto his fingers and rained on the floor.

he didn't care about anyone around him. he was always conscious about crying but this time, he didn't care. he didn't even try to conceal the fact that he was crying.

he felt as if his heart would stop any moment.

and it did.