7

Narrator's POV

Grayson felt her world stop when the words "Hospital" escape King's mouth. But she didn't have time to sulked. Her, King, and Amir rushed to the hospital the whole time Grayson prayed that her family were okay.

"I'm looking for Leigh, Ahmad, And Tina Stone."

"Okay give me a minute to look them up." The woman typed her fingers away until she came upon them and she froze.

"What? What's wrong?!" Amir panicked.

"Umm I'm so sorry but your mother died on the scene. Your sister is still in surgery but your brother is getting patched up I'll take you to him." As much as Gray wanted to break she still had her siblings that she needed to take care of.

"Room 444." Grayson rushed in seeing her brothers face covered in tear stains, his right forearm wrapped in bandages. Her heart slowly ripped apart.

"Babyboy what happened?" I asked through my tears.

"GrayGray!" Ahmad jumped in his sisters arm crying in her chest, afraid from what he witnessed.

"Tell me what you saw."

"Mommy wasn't feeling good so we went to the store, and of course we wanted something from the door so she was going to drop us off late. We parked behind the store and it really wasn't anybody there so we was in and out. But when we was getting back in the car we seen this man, and he said...

"Yo Tina? Remember me? Ya almost husband!" A man yelled.

"Alex? I thought you died?"

"I needed everyone to think that cause I couldn't show my face after what you did to us."

"Alex I'm sorry but I didn't and don't love you." Tina sighed.

"Where's my son?"

"You stay away from my child!" The man seen Lei frightened.

"You know.. she should've been mines." He said stepping closer as they step backwards.

"Stay away from my kids Alex!! I will call the cops on you."

"No need! They already on the way here for a quadruple murder." When those words were said Alex pulled out his shooting.

He shot Tina multiple times as she covered the twins. After 4 shots Tina was dead.

"Mommy!!" Lei screamed as she was shot in her tiny chest.

The shots stop and the kids heard sirens. Ahmad who was grazed by a bullet looked out seeing Alex dead and the ambulance rushing over to him.

"1 woman dead, 1 kid shot in the chest, and 1 kid grazed." An Officer yelled

Ahmad felt dizzy. He felt his eyes get heavy.

"Lei Lei.."

"The cut is too deep! He's losing too much blood."

"Gray-" He couldn't finish his sentence cause he blacked out.

"Babyboy I am so sorry." Grayson cried out.

"Hey look at me you said mommy knew the man?" He nodded as she asked.

"What was his name again?"

"Alex."

Gray thought Alex. Alex died with her father so how is this possible. She saw his body drop! The doctor confirmed he was dead! All this because my mama didn't love him? It's something deeper but Grayson didn't care she felt rage. She was determined to get revenge.

"King and Mir is gonna stay here with you and Lei. I'll be back inna few, sissy gotta get some clothes." Grayson kissed his forehead as he nodded.

She walked out the hospital building with Amir following behind her.

"So this is it?" Amir asked.

"This is what?"

"Taj I didn't teach you how to shoot to kill, I taught you to protect."

"This man killed my mother, injured my sister and brother. POSSIBLY HAD MY DAD SET UP! WHAT DO EXPECT ME TO DO?!" Amir didn't respond so Gray continued walking to the car.

"So then what? You kill him then what?" Grayson stopped in her tracks and turned around as he kept going.

"It won't bring ya mother back, trust me I know. It may feel good in that moment of time. But listen you gotta come back down from the high, and you're gonna face that pain once again. You're gonna feel guilt and you're suffocated but you got God."

"God took away my mom and dad. God made my grandmother hate me for no reason. God put the man that raped me on earth. So why would God love and protect me?" Gray said with tears flowing.

"God also puts you through trials but he makes you sure that you have a brighter day. And that you come out stronger than ever. Baby listen there's always a light on the otherside of the tunnel, and it burns bright." Amir said grabbing Grayson by her waist pulling her inna much needed hug.

"Baby they need you here, not in prison or dead." She nodded finally letting all her tears come out.

"Come on. I think King somehow got in contact with Kelly."

They walked back to Ahmad's room just in time for Lei's doctor to tell us what's wrong.

"Hi. I'm Doctor Union."

"Hi I'm Grayson. Leigh and Ahmad's sister. How's my sister?"

"Well she's asleep and she'll probably wake up tomorrow. But right here is where the bullet was lodged. The bullet seemed to be 2 cm away from Leigh's heart. I would definitely say it was blessing and a miracle." She said showing them the X- Ray.

"Thank you Doctor! Thank you!" Grayson cried hugging her.

"No need to Thank me. And I'm sorry for your lost." The Doctor said wiping her tears.

20 minutes later The Carter's, The Lawson's, The Ferguson's, and The Witherspoon's came through the door with sympathy on their faces since King explained everything to them.

"Taj I'm so sorry I didn't answ- " Before Beyoncé could finish Grayson hugged her crying.

"You're gonna be alright baby. I promise"

———//———//———//———//———//———

Read, Comment, Vote
Didn't proofread‼️