12

Didn't Proofread

Solange's POV

Me and Alan just got back home from the hospital. The image of seeing Gray with tubes in her mouth and needles stuck in her arms will probably never leave my head.

"How are we gonna tell Julez?" Alan asked. For a minute I forgot he was even here.

"I don't even know. Thank God we drop him off at Bey's, I just know its gonna break his heart." Julez and Grayson are so close. They're the same age but Julez treat her as a little sister.

"Yeah. Listen I don't wanna leave you like this cause I know you love her like she's family. So I'll just stay in the guest room." He kissed my forehead softly then disappeared upstairs.

I sighed crying just a bit. Life is really becoming a bitch.

Hours Later (The Carter Residence)

"Thu Thu!" I called out walking into the house.

"She's not here." I heard Jay say.

"Where is she?"

"She never came home. Julez is in the game room, he's been waiting for you to tell him." I nodded heading to the otherside of the house. Also making a mental note to call Beyoncé.

I knock on the door opening it, he looked up and without a second later he ran into my arms.

"Ma what's going on? Uncle Jay won't tell me nothing." He said worried.

"Baby you may wanna sit down."

"Ma just tell me." I sighed tearing up.

"Baby last night.. Grayson tried to kill herself."

"She's okay isn't she?"

"Baby I'mma tell you straight up...She's unconscious. The doctor said if she don't wake up in two days she'll go in a coma, by that time she'll have a 2% chance of living."

Silence.

"Baby?" I heard sniffling and seen he was crying. I got up and hugged him.

"Aww baby. She's in God's hands now, there's nothing we can do she gotta come out of it herself."

"Ma why would she do that?" He cried hard. Him and Grayson are close, if you didn't know any better you would think they was actually blood. If this hurt me I just know it hurt JuJu. I just wonder how my nieces and nephews took the news since their so young, I know it was hard for Jay.

"Baby you know she was going through a rough patch. Yes she could have ask for help but you know she's independent. She probably tried to fight that battle by herself."

"When can I see her?" He stopped crying just sniffling.

"When do you want to?"

"Maybe tomorrow." He got up and grabbed the keys.

I followed behind him but before I wanted to see if Jay was alright.

"Hey. You okay?"

"My oldest is in the hospital. I haven't heard from my wife in hours. And the hardest part was explaining to my other kids that their sister is "Sleep". I'm stressed as fuck Solo."

"Hey big bro. You know I gotchu. We're family, if you need some time then I'll keep the kids. We know this is hard on y'all, just know we got y'all." I hugged him letting him know that everything will be alright. I hope.

Right before I walked out the front door Jay asked me a question.

"You think she'll wake up?" I turned around looking in his eyes. All you could see was pain and stress, I felt bad for my brother.