Mike

I like Mike. When I was younger he was one of my favorites because of his personalities, so he still holds a special place in my heart.

TDROTI: I have to admit, it's kind of weird that him and Zoey were basically in a relationship as soon as they met. Things didn't develop with them, they just kind of were always basically together. I still like Zoke, but I just had to get that out of the way. Anyways, Mike was cool this season. I understand why he wanted to hide his disorder. It's a personal and private thing. I don't know what it's like to have DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder, the actual term for MPD), but I have depression and I keep that very private (although I'm saying it here, but nobody that I know is reading this, and even if they are, they don't know it's me). His alters were entertaining this season, and it was nice to see him take control. I really enjoyed his friendship and trust he had with Cameron. His elimination was total bullshit too. Why the fuck did Scott get to have a sole vote in the final 6? That makes no fucking sense. I still love Scott, but that's total horseshit. Mike carried his ass to winning that challenge and then he eliminated him. That pissed me off when I was younger. I guess it still kind of does lol.

TDAS: This was an interesting season. I have this to say first: how the hell were cameras in Mike's head? I guess you could say this about last season too, but it was a much bigger part of the plot this season. In fact, it was one of the biggest parts of the plot. When I was younger, I loved Mal, and I still like him, but I saw a post about him once and haven't been able to think the same about him since. It basically just said that Mal was kind of a lame villain because he basically just broke shit, and that's kind of true. Back to Mike though, it was cool seeing his adventure in his head. The thing about that, is that it's actually kind of accurate. I was recently watching YouTube videos by someone with DID explaining this disorder (her channel is called "The Entropy System" check out her videos and send her some love) and one of the videos explained the concept of an "inner world." No case of DID is the same, so it's different for everyone, but it's common for someone with DID to have an inner world where the alters can interact with one another. Just wanted to say that before I started saying less good things about him. From what I remember, there was a lot of real world controversy because of Mike this season. I don't fully remember because I was in 5th grade when TDAS came out and I couldn't find anything about it online, but I think the scene where he dropped a rock on his head caused a lot of kids with disorders to self harm because they thought it could "cure" them. I can't talk about controversy without talking about the reset button. I was able to find stuff about this online. A lot of people were pissed about this because of the inaccurate portrayal of DID. It never really bothered me, but I can certainly see why people would be upset. Anyways, I still like Mike. I don't like that he has an ending where he wins this season though, Zoey's ending is way better. Mal carried Mike all the way to the finale and somehow Mike deserves to win? No. Zoey got there by herself. She played the game the whole time. I get that he had plot armor because they needed to resolve the Mal stuff, but they should have done that a bit earlier imo and gave Mike somewhere between 5th and 3rd place. I also think it would have been better to see the finale between a first generation character and a second generation character. I've seen a lot of people say they would have preferred Courtney vs Scott, which is a good idea, but last season was a finale with two male characters, so I think a finale with two females was what should have happened this season. Zoey vs Courtney would have been a good finale.

Holy shit, I think this is the longest chapter so far. I just kind of lost track while writing. I literally listened to the entirety of "crybaby" by Lil Peep while writing this (not the song, the album that was just put on Spotify). Some of the other chapters have felt taxing to write, but not this one. This one was good. I had fun writing this chapter. Nice.