Trent

Trent was a really good character at first, but then... well, just read the chapter

TDI: Trent was great this season. His relationship with Gwen was so sweet, and one of my favorite parts about the season. He was a cool guy with his guitar and shit. People liked him. I think his elimination was fine, because he wouldn't have been eliminated if that Heather thing didn't happen. Everybody liked him (although Geoff was voted out for being too nice, so the same thing could've happened with Trent). Plus, that only made him and Gwen stronger in the end when he won her back by carrying a rock.

TDA: 

Okay, I'll explain what I mean by that

Okay, I'll explain what I mean by that. They derailed the FUCK out of Trent just to make the stupid love triangle. They made him jealous, clingy, and paranoid, when he used to be cool and chill. His number 9 thing may have been a sweet story, but it also came out of nowhere. He used to be "the cool guy" (that's his label), but then he became weird. There are plenty of ways that they could have ended the relationship without fucking up Trent. Gwen could have fallen for Duncan without Trent doing anything wrong. The flame could have just disappeared, but instead the writers absolutely fucked up Trent. Trent and Gwen were one of the best parts about TDI, but then they fucked that up in TDA. On top of that, they also eliminated him in the same episode where Gwen dumped him, instead of developing his character. Now, he's a character who can't function without Gwen. Disappointing.