10 | Yellow Umbrella

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞' 𝚋𝚢 𝚓𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚝𝚝 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

Flashback

"So that's very cool! I still can't believe you've met Hermione!" Liam gushed, as we were in our local library talking about my experience at Hogwarts. I've already told him several times but I guess it's amusing to him because he comes to my table every time and asks me about it.

I nodded carefully, my cheeks were slightly red and hot. I couldn't believe the most popular boy at my school would talk to me. "Y-yeah, it's kind of crazy."

"Very cool." He gave me his heartwarming grin, which made my heart skip.

There was a pause of silence between us, "But do you really believe me?" I asked, looking at his hazel eyes.

He brushed through his hair with his fingers, "Y-yeah of course! Magic takes the I and M away."

I laughed not knowing what he meant,"What?"

"The 'IM' from impossible is changed to possible." he chuckled, resting his chin on his hand.

"Oh, right. Yeah, magic can definitely change anything."

He smiled, I looked at my watch and realised it was getting late. "I-I'm sorry Liam, but I-uh probably have to get going now." I said standing up, while packing up my stuff.

"Oh right, yeah." He helped me pack up, "I'm sorry you couldn't even do the assignment because I was talking to you."

I chuckled nervously, "It's fine, I was done anyways."

I wasn't. I was no where near.

"Oh right."

"Alright, I'll see you at school." I waved and left the library. Once I was outside, I realised that it was pouring. I guess I wasn't really paying attention to what was happening to the weather as I was so absorbed into the conversation with Liam.

"It's raining."

"You're right." I replied without taking a glance at the figure because I immediately recognised it as Liam's.

I looked through my bag, trying to remember if I brought an umbrella.

"Did you not bring an umbrella?" he asked, I stopped looking through my bag because I knew I didn't bring it.

"Y-yeah, I thought it wasn't going to rain today so I left it at home." I nodded, zipping up my bag.

"Oh, unlucky. But here." Liam said, handing me a bright yellow umbrella.

I looked at him, "No-no it's fine, Liam--"

"No seriously, I don't need it." He held up my hand, which made me tense up slightly and placed the umbrella on my hand. "A girl like you shouldn't catch a cold."

I smirked, "W-what? So a boy like you can catch a cold?"

"You need it more than I do."

"But h-how are you going to get home?" I asked, curiously looking at him as he didn't have anything to prevent himself from getting wet.

He gave a half grin,  putting up his hood from his jacket. "I have this."

I chuckled, "Well thank you, Liam."

"No problem." He replied, getting ready to leave. "Alrighty, bye! Have a good weekend!" He dashed out from the shelter and was running.

"Wait!" I called out, he stopped and turned around. "How am I supposed to give it to you?"

"Keep it!" He smiled and took off.

"But-" I called back but he had already gone past the corner. "O-okay, thanks."

I opened the warm yellow coloured umbrella, "Can't believe this is Liam's."

I quickly made my way through the rain, going to the nearest bus stop. But I stopped when I heard a familiar high toned cold voice, "Look who it is, Maria!"

It belonged Ava. Ava Davis. The most gorgeous and popular girl in my year level. I looked up to see her cool blue eyes glaring at me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her as she rolled her eyes.

Her and Maria look a step closer to me, making me step back slowly.

"Of course, there's something wrong!" Maria scoffed, holding up the pink floral umbrella higher to keep it in the right level as Ava.

"W-what is it?"

"We've been trying to warn you. Several times." Ava coming closer, "That you need to stay away from Liam!"

I rolled my eyes at her, giving her a slight smile. "If I don't? What happens?"

Ava gave the meanest smirk, "You really don't know who you're dealing with right now-" she paused, "Isn't this Liam's?!" she shouted, looking at my umbrella.

"Yeah, it is. Now if you will excuse me--" Before I could finish, she whacked the umbrella out of my hand, making it fall onto the ground. I glared at her while Maria was giggling beside her.

"Seriously." I mumbled, as the rain was pouring on me. I went towards the umbrella, because if it files away and gets lost, I seriously cannot make that happen to something that literally Liam gave me.

As I went to grab the umbrella, I felt something in front of my feet, maybe leg but before I figured out whose it was; I tripped over in the muddy puddle, wetting my clothes even more than before and got scrapes and scratches all over my knee.

"Oh my goodness! Oops!" Ava giggled, while giving Maria a high five. "Are you okay?"

I tried to hold my tears back but I couldn't, I grabbed the umbrella while wiping my tears away.

"Oh my god! Are you crying?" Maria smirked.

"Ugh, what a pathetic and filthy girl!" Ava laughed, "Let's go, Maria."

Once the two left, I slowly got up, trying to hold back the pain on the knees. I groaned but safety managed to reach the bus stop.

"Miss? Are you okay?" an old lady asked when I took a seat at the back of the bus.

I gave her a weak smile and nodded, "Y-yes, thank you."

But I wasn't, it wasn't the first time Ava and Maria called me 'Pathetic or Filthy.' I never cared about it but lately it's been getting me. Maybe I am Pathetic and Filthy...