15 | My Rules

Y/N's POV

Its been a few days after the completion of the first task. The days at Hogwarts has been going past rapidly, if I look back at my old muggle school like school days seemed to go on forever but here at Hogwarts everything is so enjoyable and great that time passes by quickly.

I was walking down the hallway after dinner with my books clenched on my right arm, when Neville came up to me.

"Y/N...Professor Snape has been looking for you- he wants you in his office now." he puffed. Neville was red from all the running he had possibly done to look for me.

My eyes grew wide, "W-why does he want me?" I asked, quite terrified because I was never very  comfortable with Professor Snape. "I'm not in trouble am I?"

Neville shrugged, wiping the sweat dripping down from his forehead. "Dunno, but it doesn't look like a pleasant thing though. It didn't look like he was in a good mood."

"D-did he say anything else?"

"Well he didn't directly say it to me but I heard that it was something to do with the assignment- or something." he replied.

You've got to be kidding me.

Oh no... What if he thinks that I cheated or something because I handed it in early than everyone else?

I nodded at Neville and smiled weakly, "Thanks for telling me, Neville. I'll see you around."

"Yeah, see you. And good luck with Professor!"

...

After a long walk around the campus, I've finally arrived at where the Potions classrooms were. I've never been in Professor Snape's office but I heard that it was fairly close to the Potions classroom.

I paced down the hallway and after passing a few more classrooms, I arrived at the door that had the sign 'Snape's Office'.

I took a deep breath in and opened the door.

Inside the room, there was a round table situated in the centre with shelves filled with potion glasses and bottles around it.

Professor Snape was busily writing down something on a piece of parchment. I went slowly and cleared my throat.

He looked up from what he was doing, "Ah, you're finally here Miss Y/N."

I nodded carefully, "I'm sorry to keep you waiting."

He stood up and started walking around the room.

"So Y/N, I've seen that you've already completed your assignment and handed it in before others." His big dark coat was swaying back and forth.

"Yes."

"Your assignment was very good indeed, would you mind if I assign you to another assignment?"

"What kind of assignment, Professor?" I asked, not sure where this was heading.

"Well... there's this student in your class who needs help with their assignment. I think that you would be very good in that."

I nodded.

He continued, "I will give you 20 house points if you help him out and raise your grade by one for this assignment if you help him pass."

I was a bit astounded at his response, twenty house points and he'll rise up my grade? And I just need to help this one student to pass?

Easy.

I smiled at Professor, "I think I can help him."

"Great." He replied, although since Professor's Snape voice was always dull and dark; I wasn't sure if he was happy or not. "I'll be sure to tell him. Thank you Miss Y/N."

"No problem Professor." I answered, heading towards the door but before I pushed the door.

I turned around, "Professor, isn't this against the rules?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, giving a lot of house points and lifting up a grade, I just don't know if w-we can do this..."

Professor gave a sly grin, "Miss L/N, this is my classroom, my assignment, so my rules. You don't need to worry about this matter. I've already spoken with the headmaster."

I blinked, "You have? Oh-then great. Thank you, sir." I made my way out of the classroom and headed back to my dormitory.