31 | It's Better That Way

i have added 'a soulmate who wasn't meant to be' by jessica benko so you can listen to it while you are reading <3

Y/N

I was in the familiar dark graveyard, with crows flying around watching me as I hid behind a big stone craved statue of some wizard. I was terrified because no one was around. Suddenly two wizards had zapped out of a big trophy cup; the Triwizard Cup.

The two were grunting, then standing up and looking around the graveyard.

"Wait I know this place." The little boy said, I squinted my eyes to get a better view and I realised it was Harry. I tried to call him out but nothing. I couldn't talk.

Harry's eyes filled with fear, "Cedric, we need to get back to the cup!"

Cedric, had turned around and looked at Harry in confusion, "What?"

Then from afar, a small chubby looking figure holding something cloaked in his hand, started to approached them.

"Oh no... Get back to the cup!" Harry shouted to his fellow student.

Cedric noticed the figure, getting his wand ready. "Who are you? What do you want?"

A dark voice had echoed, "Kill the spare."

Suddenly a green light had zapped from the wand of the unknown figure and had hit Cedric, killing him immediately.

"Cedric!" Harry shouted, in pain.

My mouth had opened in shock, tears started forming in my eyes. I ran over to Cedric, touching him but my hands went right through him. I realised that I they could not see me, I was just like a ghost.

As time passed by, I wanted to leave this place but I couldn't. Someone had to take me out of here. I couldn't bear the agony that Harry was screaming and I wanted to save him but I couldn't.

Suddenly these words had echoed throughout the graveyard, "The Dark Lord shall rise again."

Before I could do anything, the cauldron burst into flame and high pitched screams filled the atmosphere. Something started to come out of the cauldron, it was a figure that I couldn't really recognise. But as it grew more and more, it started to become more noticeable.

When the figure had spoke gently, "My wand Wormtail." I knew it was him. It was the Dark Lord. He was risen again.

"He's back." I trembled telling Draco while we were out in the courtyard after lunch.

Draco looked at me in worry,  he had no idea who I was talking about. "Who's back?"

I looked at the boy, fear in my eyes. "The Dark Lord."

Draco's eyes widen in shock, his voice had quieten down. "Wa-wait what? What do you mean?" 

I broke the eye contact and looked down at my muddy shoes, it had been raining for a few days although the weather is getting hotter. "I s-saw h-him revive in my dream." I whispered to him, hoping that the 2nd year Ravenclaw students couldn't hear us as they were sitting quite closely next to us.

Draco had still looked shock, "W-wait how do you know that your dreams are r-real?"

I shook my head, "I don't. But if it happens then that means that Cedric is going to—" I paused, if my dreams are real then that means that on the night, Cedric. Cedric is going to be in trouble.

"Cedric will die on that night." I finished my sentence, my legs started trembling and I couldn't think straight. The 3rd task is coming more and more closer and that means day by day, it is getting closer that Cedric will lose his life.