24 | Making It Even

Y/N's POV

It's been a few days after our first Yule Ball practice. All the girls are giggling and gossiping about who they're going to with and all that.

I'm quite excited for the Yule ball since I haven't really been to a proper formal ball party.

"Neville. Neville asked me to the Yule Ball." Ginny replied as we were walking back to our common room after dinner.

"Aww, that's so sweet Ginny." I answered, smiling at her. Ever since the two danced together for the first time at our first ever Yule Ball practice, I guess they just clicked.

"I can't believe it! I'm so excited!" Ginny gushed, "So Y/N, who are you going with?"

Probably no one, I mean it's my first ever proper ball party. I doubt some boy will ask a girl that horrible at dancing.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, I'll have to see..."

"Alright, I'm sure you'll find someone."

...

Next day,

Clutching my books tightly, I headed towards the library to study for an upcoming DADA test.

The weather wasn't that nice today; it was pouring heavily and the temperature was freezing. I had wear double layers of clothing and had my scarf tightly wrapped around my neck so no air would pass through.

The library was empty as it was very early in the morning but that's better, studying in a place that's not crowded for me is ideal.

I don't know how I long I studied for, before a unknown figure took a seat next to mine.

"Y/N, hey. How are you?"

I looked up and to see that I was facing Cedric Diggory.

His eye bags were very noticeable with his messy hair and wearing a wooly jumper that looked like, he just wore whatever he could find as if he was in a rush.

"Oh-uh, hi. What are you doing here this early in the morning?" I asked him. He looked tried so I don't know why he was up early at the library instead of resting.

"Just studying for the 2nd task, I know it's after the whole Yule Ball Dance but I figured that I should be investigating more and more so that my way of completing the task will be more effective than others."

I nodded at his response, "Wow, you really want to win this thing. It's great to see you're  trying your hardest."

He shrugged, "I mean isn't everyone trying their best? What about Harry? How's he doing with all that's been going on?"

"He's doing fine, I haven't really been a much help to him but by the looks of it, he's getting himself prepared for the 2nd task."

"Right, well that's good." He agreed, I looked at the books that he had in his hands.

"The history about the Black Lake- why are you interested in that?" I asked.

"Well, the thing is; I had put the egg in the 'water' while I was taking a bath and I happened to heard a mystical song blasting through the egg underwater."

"Wow. That's so strange yet excellent!" I gushed as he handed his books so I can take a look.

"The lyrics were very much related to something like underwater so I'm just investigating on that."

"That's so smart Cederic! Hopefully Harry figures out about the whole underwater thing because that would be very bad if he didn't know before the second task." I chuckled.

"Oh, I will tell him. Just friend to friend helping each other." He winked.

"Isn't it like cheating?"

"Well...It'll will be fine, he helped me with clues on the first task so- just making it even."

I smiled, "Thanks Cedric. That will help him a lot."

A/N
Hey guys! I am so so so sorry for not updating for a long time!! I was sooo busy and I just couldn't have the time! I am sincerely sorry about this:((

I was also hoping if any of you guys would like to comment what sort of things you would like to see of Draco and Y/N. So I can get inspired by your ideas and I will definitely give you guys credit if I am going to use your ideas!

Just wanted to make the story between Draco and Y/N, more interesting and a story line that you guys want!

Thank you and please comment here❤️

-starxight