33 | The Third Task

Y/N—Tonight was the night of the third task

Y/N

Tonight was the night of the third task. I was praying every night, hoping that this day will not come but future happens not matter how hard you try to change it.

"Hermione, I don't feel well." I said, as I was putting on my coat; although it was nearly summer I didn't want to feel cold when I was sitting down at the benches down the field. "I mean what if that happens and everything goes downhill..." I added.

"I know Y/N, I'm scared too but if Harry and Cedric are already aware of it; they have more of an advantage and we need to keep you safe."

I didn't want to be safe, if I was putting others in risk then I don't want it.

"Okay yeah." I replied weakly, watching her put on her shoes.

"Alright, ready to leave?" She asked as she finished tying her shoe laces.

I nodded while smiling, trying to show that I was fine. But I guess Hermione is a true friend as she can see right through me.
"Don't worry Y/N. Professor Dumbledore already knows about this so it will be fine. We just need the Death Eaters to think that they have no clue about them sabotaging the Triwizard Tournament."

"Yeah, it's to protect everyone."

"Yes exactly."

We were supposed to meet Harry and Ron down at the Quidditch Field where the school had grown a maze for the 3rd task.

"Hey guys." Hermione said as we saw Harry and Ron. Harry and Ron were both sitting on the front row,  the two looked up and waved.

"Hey Hermione and Y/N." Ron smiled then looked at the thick coats I was wearing comparing to the thin jacket he had on, "Wow, Y/N are prepared for a long night. I should of brought a thicker jumper. I thought it was going to be hot because of all the flames and fire."

Harry hit him on the back, "I told you."

I looked at Harry, giving him a look that told him to be safe. He gave a nod, understanding what I meant. "Well-uh I have to go to the waiting rooms now before the games start. So...Wish me luck." He smiled, before he could go I gave him a big hug which caught him off guard but I just wanted to give him one.

"Harry, please be careful. Come back safely." I whispered to him.

"Yep, don't worry Y/N." He replied as we pulled away from the hug.

"Good luck Harry." Hermione and Ron exclaimed, Harry gave us a wave back and left for the waiting room.

The three of us took a seat in the front row and waited for the game to start.

...
The third task had already started and its been quite long. We saw a few wand zaps and sparks in distances as time past by. Anxiously, I was fidgeting with my fingers as nervousness filled through my body.

After a while, I glanced towards my left and saw Draco coming towards our way. Hermione noticed too, "Do you want us to leave?"

I looked at her then at Ron who was deeply sleeping. I smiled, shaking my head I replied, "It's okay. I'll go to him."

Once I went to Draco, he looked tried with dark bags underneath his eyes. It looked like he hasn't slept properly for a few days.
I didn't know what to say so I just I smiled nervously asking, "How are you?"

He didn't response instead looking at me weakly.

I bit my lip, "You don't look okay. Are you alright?"

Instead of responding to my question. For the second time he asked, "Did you tell him?"

I scoffed at him, is that all he's got to say? "Yes, I did. But it will be fine."

He shook his head, "I-I don't know, the Dark Lord is more powerful than you think."

I knew that they were in troubled but I wanted to deny it, "They will be fine, Harry and Cedric are one of the best wizards I know."

"Alright. Whatever you say." He replied, turning around to return back to his seat.

Is that all? Are we just going to stay like this?

I wanted to stop him but my instinct had said, it's not worth the fight right now. The important thing is for Cedric and Harry to come back safe.

I returned back to my seat, Hermione looked up. "Hey, how did it go?"

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "He only cared whether if I told Cedric or not."

"Hey, Y/N. I know he may seem insensitive towards you but I heard Pansy talking to her friends that Draco hasn't been himself since last week. Like he's so down and he didn't looked like he was concentrating on anything."

My heart dropped when I heard this, was he acting like this because of me?

"So it may look like it but Y/N he's definitely heart broken. He likes you so much."

I bit my lip, fidgeting my hands. "Yeah I guess—"

I was cut off by the welcoming trumpet sound, this means that someone is back.

I actually stood up to see who it was, I breath a sigh of relief when I saw who it was; Harry and Cedric.
Cedric was looking at the crowd, trying to look for someone and once he and I had eye contact, he gave me a smile.

Tears started to form in my eyes, they were safe. I was happy and relieved that they were hurt at all.

Suddenly the sky grew dark and the music faded, from afar I noticed that there was another clan of unknown figures coming towards the starting place of the maze where everyone was. I tapped Hermione, "D-do y-you see them—"

Before Hermione could reply, I screamed at something that I thought would never happen in front of me. The green zap from the killing curse had hit him.

"NO!" I cried, tearing falling down my cheeks.

Cedric who was looking towards my way before had lost his focus and fell down on the ground, lying there. Unconscious. The boy who was smiling to me a minute ago was down on the ground, emotionless. His heart had stopped.

"NO!" I screamed, this can't be happening! He just came back safety from the 3rd task but he can't- he can't leave now!

Hermione's eyes widen, looking away. She covered my eyes, then hugging me tightly. "I-it's ok-okay."

"NO IT'S NOT!" I cried, I couldn't breath properly. I couldn't think straight. This was not happening.

Then suddenly, a voice boomed through the atmosphere as the familiar Dark Mark formed in the sky, "Y/N L/N, you thought you can change history? He was meant to die and now it is yours."

Hermione whispered, terrified "H-he's back."
__
Rest In Peace Cedric Diggory:(