Chapter 5

OMG this hottie over here, Zac Efron, plays Alex, Lionel's older brother! Did anyone else notice the hole in his shirt? I swear it's the first thing I saw.

Enjoy!!

~~~Caleb's POV~~~

"Oh...right."

I totally forgot about that. He'll turn eighteen, find some beautiful woman hell fall in love with, marry her, and I won't matter.

But how could I even think I mattered? I'm just some runt part of this pack. I never had a chance to be with him. But he's so...perfect. I'm such an idiot for forgetting. He's straight anyways. He'd never date a guy, especially not me.

"You okay, Cal?" Dimitri asked me a concerned look on his face. I nodded and just stood for a moment. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

"I know you really like him Caleb but-"

"It's fine. I should've known that it would happen anyways. I'm dumb for thinking I even had a chance." I sighed.

"Caleb..." Dimitri said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Wanna go down to the lake, Dimi?" I asked. He hesitated but nodded and followed me into the woods.

"Stop being all depressed because of me. Let's just have some fun okay?" I told him taking off my shirt.

"...fine." He grinned taking off his clothes. We both shifted and ran through the woods. It felt good to feel the wind whipping through my fur and the scent of the forest was soothing. But that relaxing feeling was gone the moment something collided with my side sending me to the ground.

"Caleb!!" Dimi yelled. I winced as I opened my eyes to find a large wolf standing over me, teeth bared and eyes glowing. It opened it's mouth and snapped it's jaws at me. I pushed him off with the strength I had. We circled around each other, waiting for one to strike.

He lunged at me and bit me right in my leg. I howled in pain as I toppled over. Dimi jumped into the wolf's back but he just shook his off eyes never leaving mine. I heard Dimi whimper as I heard a thud which was probably him hitting the ground or a tree. The large wolf climbed over me and just as he was about to bite into my neck, another large figure collided with his sending them both into a rock. I started to see black spots everywhere. I turned my head and saw a big black wolf with bright yellow eyes staring down the wolf that attacked me. A shadow appeared blocking the sun. I looked up and saw a white and brown wolf with grey eyes looked at me. For a moment I thought he was on a kill me but the. I realized it was Brody, Lionel's Beta. So then the other wolf over there, must be Lionel. I looked back over at him as he lunged at the other wolf before everything went black.

++++++++++

*Literally a few moment ago*

~~~Lionel's POV~~~

I had a bad felling in my stomach. Something was wrong.

Brody, I mind linked my Beta. I saw him look up from the person he was talking to in the living room.

Yea?, he responded. I nodded my head in the direction of the hallway. He said something to the girl he was with and walked away.

"What's up?" He asked as I entered the hallway.

"Something's wrong." I stated. He gave me a confused look. He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"Something is wrong. I don't know what but I feel it. We need to go out in the woods. I think someone's in trouble."

"And you just felt this?" He questioned.

"Yes." I answered wanting him to just shut up.

"Okay man. Lead the way."

++++++++++

We were running fast dodging tree and rocks trying to find out what has me so worried.

Then I heard it.

The sound of a wolf I didn't recognize. And it sounded angry.

You hear that?, Brody mind linked me. I growled in response pushing faster to find the source of the sound. Rogues were the absolute worse. In the distance I could see a large figure standing over a much smaller one.

Protect, my inner wolf shouted at me as the smell of that wolf hit me, telling me it was a member of my pack. I lunged at the wolf, hearing him whimper as his back got cut on a rock. I jumped back and looked over my shoulder to see Brody standing over the golden furred wolf, his bright wintery blue eyes fluttering. I turned back to the wolf growling as he gave me a wolfy grin.

"Who are you and why did you attack him?" I threw out my thoughts.

"All that you will know in time, pup." He spat before turning and running off.

"Hey!" I snarled about to take off after him but Brody stopped me.

Let him go! We need to get the two of them back to the pack house, he said firmly. Thank god I had Brody to keep me sane.

You get Dimitri. I'll handle Caleb, I commanded him. He nodded and trotted over to the unconscious light brown wolf laying near a tree as I stalked over to Caleb. I took a look at his leg and whimpered. He was bleeding pretty bad. I rolled him over so I could lift him onto my back. Brody walked up to me with Dimitri on his back.

Let's go, I told him.

++++++++++

"What the hell happened?!" My brother exclaimed when he saw me and Brody carrying a naked Caleb and Dimitri through the front doors of the pack house.

"They were attacked in the woods. Get a doctor. Caleb lost a lot of blood." I said looking down at his leg, "and he's still losing more."

Alex nodded and ran out of the room.

"What.....hmm..." A voice startled me and Brody. Dimitri moved in his arms trying to push himself up but groaned out in pain and dropped his arms.

"Caleb...where's Caleb?" He asked starting to panic.

"Shh. He's alright Dimitri." Brody hushed him. Dimitri slightly smiled.

"Good." He sighed before he passed out.